crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Nov 22, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #213 of 3,338
what would be your recommendation for best allrounder(bass emphasis needed) in the price range of IE800, XBA-Z5, Shure846? I'm not gonna be using an AMP just straight out of my V30.

Campfire Andromeda on Black Friday sale for $800. On low OI, it's plenty bassy, too much for some neutral purists. Though, I have no idea what the OI of the V30 is.

Nov 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #214 of 3,338
This is a great thread by the way. Thanks for doing this. One question, I'm in the market for a bass heavy headphone that still has good clarity and the bass doesn't bleed too much or is boomy. I saw you liked the Sony 7550 A lot and see those mentioned as good bass IEMs. I Have also been looking at the IE 80 and Westone W30. Do you have any other suggestions in the price range of the 7550 or are they the best?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #215 of 3,338
This is a great thread by the way. Thanks for doing this. One question, I'm in the market for a bass heavy headphone that still has good clarity and the bass doesn't bleed too much or is boomy. I saw you liked the Sony 7550 A lot and see those mentioned as good bass IEMs. I Have also been looking at the IE 80 and Westone W30. Do you have any other suggestions in the price range of the 7550 or are they the best?
64 Audio U8 look at their B-Stock or Black Friday Special. Also have heard good stuff about the Vega which is a little more expensive, but never heard it.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #217 of 3,338
This is a great thread by the way. Thanks for doing this. One question, I'm in the market for a bass heavy headphone that still has good clarity and the bass doesn't bleed too much or is boomy.

For "bass heavy" IEMs, have you tried the HBB's Basshead thread?

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #218 of 3,338
64 Audio U8 look at their B-Stock or Black Friday Special. Also have heard good stuff about the Vega which is a little more expensive, but never heard it.
Bass and impact (oomph) of the Vega is stellar and doesn't bleed into the mids. But great bass is the foundation of the Vega sound signature. A very unique sound. I also had the Xelento and much preferred the Vega to them.

And in the bass world, you'll want to decide if you prefer DD or BA bass. DD generally has more oomph and impact. Very visceral. BA is usually tighter and faster but less slam.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #219 of 3,338
Bass and impact (oomph) of the Vega is stellar and doesn't bleed into the mids. But great bass is the foundation of the Vega sound signature. A very unique sound. I also had the Xelento and much preferred the Vega to them.

And in the bass world, you'll want to decide if you prefer DD or BA bass. DD generally has more oomph and impact. Very visceral. BA is usually tighter and faster but less slam.
yes, the Vegas are on my bucket list for some day. Just curious if they are not too bright up top, cause i've read from people that they are and from some that they are not.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #220 of 3,338
They have more treble than some bass heavy IEMs (846s for example roll off on the treble). But I would not consider them bright. Amazingly I also don't find that the bass and treble emphasis leaves the mids recessed or sucked out. Which does not make a lot of sense but I don't find myself thinking that I'd like more mids...

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #222 of 3,338
I saw a good deal for AAW AXH on null audio and got some interest for them but need some advice/guidance from you fellows ,
If someone heard/auditioned AAW AXH please tell me they worth buying or not and how they sound ( sound signature , sound quality) , thanks,

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #224 of 3,338
The vega is NOT worth the price that it is going for really. The EX1000 can give it a run for its money anyday. You can great bass and great mids but you don't really need to spend $1300 for it imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back