crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Apr 28, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #1,306 of 1,335
lol

I`m nothing/no-one next to crin. Couldn`t even dream about this :D

May 6, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #1,308 of 1,335
I really enjoy reading @crinacle's reviews on his own website :) (I wonder if he'd even get away with posting them on headfi?!) He really doesn't hold back if there's something he doesn't like, but unlike certain profanity-riddled sanctimonious YouTube reviewers that I won't mention by name, he's thoughtful, knowledgable and articulate with his work. Great job buddy. Keep it up!

May 15, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #1,309 of 1,335
Has @crinacle ever graphed the final A8000?

May 15, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #1,311 of 1,335
May 15, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #1,312 of 1,335
Would love Crin to do a graph on the 7Hz i99 as well ...

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #1,314 of 1,335
Hidition Violet please.

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #1,316 of 1,335
Rare Head-Fi update befitting of the occasion...

Cool rig. What does this mean in terms of consistency when comparing to your considerable back catalogue of measurements then? If I understand correctly (and there’s every chance I don’t) then comparisons of current measurements and anything measured on this shiny new rig will not be directly comparable even with the best will in the world. Am I understanding correctly? (It’s not a criticism by the way, a better rig will help in the long term, I’m sure)

Sep 3, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #1,317 of 1,335
Cool rig. What does this mean in terms of consistency when comparing to your considerable back catalogue of measurements then? If I understand correctly (and there’s every chance I don’t) then comparisons of current measurements and anything measured on this shiny new rig will not be directly comparable even with the best will in the world. Am I understanding correctly? (It’s not a criticism by the way, a better rig will help in the long term, I’m sure)

I addressed this in the article. Basically, IEM measurements will continue to be on the old rig (or at the very most, on both rigs). Headphone measurements aren't very comparable to IEM measurements anyways even with same occluded-ear simulator used, as evident in the different target curves required for both.

Sep 4, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #1,318 of 1,335
I addressed this in the article. Basically, IEM measurements will continue to be on the old rig (or at the very most, on both rigs). Headphone measurements aren't very comparable to IEM measurements anyways even with same occluded-ear simulator used, as evident in the different target curves required for both.
Ah, somehow completely missed that - too busy looking at pretty pictures! Sorry about that.
Thanks for the info though - looking forward to seeing some more full-size can measurements on the site

Sep 4, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #1,319 of 1,335

I prefer that way and I used to your IEC711 and moreover i built my rig and calibrated to match your measurement for easier comparison.

Unless you are willing to replace all the database but that really hassle progress while you need to measure over ear headphones in meantime.

Sep 4, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #1,320 of 1,335
I prefer that way and I used to your IEC711 and moreover i built my rig and calibrated to match your measurement for easier comparison.

Unless you are willing to replace all the database but that really hassle progress while you need to measure over ear headphones in meantime.
Considering the age of some of the stuff he's measured it's close to impossible to rebuild a database like that tbh. I think the value of most of the graphs isn't the specific graph itself but the fact that you can compare it to others that have been measured with consistent gear and methodology

Users who are viewing this thread

Back