Cresyn CS-HP700, any owners? (pics!)
Dec 17, 2008 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

S3am

Head-Fier
Hello. I'm Interested in Cresyn CS-HP700 Headphones. I tried to found some useful info about them, but google didn't found much info, just a lot of shop-pages...
But finally I found two reviews.
1. One from Amobil.no
TEST: Cresyn CS-HP700 - Amobil.no

2. And second I found on forum of one of the russian HF-shop (doctor-head):
www.doctorhead.ru - Forum
They said, that CS-HP700 is almost the Audio-Technica A700 and A900 in Sound Quality, and they has similar design. They even posted results of measurement:
a900hp700to8.png

But if you look to official specs, you will find, that Cresyn has 32om impedance, when AT has 64, and Cresyn has wight of 350gr, when A500 and A700 are a bit lightweight, and obly A900 has the same weight of 350gr...
I said in doctorhead, Cresyns use the same technology in their cans - (D.A.D.S - Double Air Damping System), so it's one more thing, that says that Cresn is very very close to AD A-series.

Also Cresyn has very cute wire, like much more expensive headphones...

Price. HP-700 costs about 60-65 Euro, when A700 ~ 110-120 Eur (in Rus). So it's time to make the decision, if it really cheap alternative to AD, or it's just cheap Korean headphones with low-to-mid quality.

P.s. Sory for any mistakes, i'm not very good in English
smily_headphones1.gif

================================================== ====
Specs:
Type: Closed
Driver: 50 mm
Responce: 10 - 25000 Hz
Impedance: 32 ohm
Sensitivity: 95 dB/mW
Max power: 2000 mW
Weight: 350 g
Wire: 3 meter, 3,5 mm/6,3 mm jack

Photos from amobil:
hp700-topp1.788x543!.jpg

hp700-07-251x351.jpg

hp700-05-251x371.jpg

hp700-08-251x183.jpg

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 18
I can't understand why it's so quiet here. No one can't say anything about them?

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 18
I don't know anything about it, but it sure looks nice with angled drivers.

On a second look, they seem to be imitating Audio Technica's W series. Other than the absence of AT's 3D wing support, the structure of the Cresyn CS-HP700 looks pretty similar, if not identical to the W series.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 18
I've owned my Cresyns for about two years now. I'd certainly say they sound very similar to the AT closed series you refer to, maybe closer to the 900 IMO. I enjoyed them for a while, and are certainly very good value for money. With my beloved Kenwood KH-K1000 and Basic Stax, the Cresyn's don't get as much air time as they used to.

Also I'd like to add that I prefer the Cresyn CS-HP600, even though they are cheaper. The couldn't tell a great deal of difference in the sound and the 600s are great for portable usage. The CS-HP500 disappointed me (although cheaper still), although popular here in Korea.

Cresyn in years gone past, even till now, have made headphones for AT amongst others. In recent years they've looked to develop their own brand. Certainly a value for money brand. I'm currently less than impressed with the Phiaton (part of Cresyn) range (over-priced IMO, after a very short audition of the Phiaton MS400).

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know anything about it, but it sure looks nice with angled drivers.

On a second look, they seem to be imitating Audio Technica's W series. Other than the absence of AT's 3D wing support, the structure of the Cresyn CS-HP700 looks pretty similar, if not identical to the W series.

Indeed. The inside of the cups lookes too much like Audio Technica W1000 to be a coinsidence...

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 18
kojebee, Thank You! Then I think I'll try HP700...
So wait some time for review
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #7 of 18
They are about 45 Euros equiv.here in Korea. But at 65 Euros you are doing well. They benefit from an amp FYI.

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #9 of 18
One more Photo:

Sadly, shop where i wanted to buy Cresyn change price from 75 to 93 $, so now i'm seriosly thinking AD700 (about 130-140$ with shipping$) Vs Cresyn HP700 (about 100$ with shipping) ...

moonboy403, I tryed to find them in US internet-shops, but find nothing. You can order them from Korean shop
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #10 of 18
You could set up an account with »õ·Î¿î ¼¼»óÀ» ¿©´Â ¹®, G¸¶ÄÏ and purchase goods from this website. They have an English website to use. I don't know how much shipping would be, but I've used them and paid via paypal. It might be worth looking into.

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by S3am /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tomorow I'll try to make offer for Cresyns + CARAT HD1V USB DAC
Gmarket: Global E-Marketplace
Gmarket: Global E-Marketplace

The Carat HDV1 is a bargain IMO. It's much more expensive in Europe, I know that for sure. I bought that and the Carat Ruby.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #13 of 18
Kojebee, can u compare HDV1 to some PC sound-card, or another source?

If it's good one to use as source at price below 100$?

Did You hear Audiotrak Prodigy HD2? Can You compare HD2_Vs_Carat ?

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by S3am /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kojebee, can u compare HDV1 to some PC sound-card, or another source?

If it's good one to use as source at price below 100$?

Did You hear Audiotrak Prodigy HD2? Can You compare HD2_Vs_Carat ?

Sorry, but I've only ever listened to Creative Audigy soundcards and I have been disappointed with them, and that's the reason why I started to look into DACs. My first one was a Beresford TC-7510, and has served me well, and still use it in my bedroom, but I preferred the HDV1. A touch more clarity, and more natural sounding. Yes, more natural sounding (I used the Travagan's Red to go between to two). One thing I like about the HDV1 is the digital output and line out. I had further happiness when I purchased the Carat Ruby (but lacks the digital output). I think it's possible to get a reasonably priced DAC which does a good job, and think about spending more on the source / headphones (to your personal liking/taste)/ headphone amp.
But that's just me and my experience.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #15 of 18
Hello. Tomorrow received my HP700.
* Saying in two words: good sounding. Accurate HF, Accurate LF, but a little forced mids (vocal).
* It's not perfectly comfortable, but it's not bad
smily_headphones1.gif

* It's worth 65$+shipping.

!!! Very Important !!!
This HP has one very serious issue. I knew this when I was making offer for them... I read it in doctro-head article, and my Cresyns has it too:
One driver (left maybe, as i see) has inverted polarity...
I opened only one can, so i can't say if it's the same situation in second can, I'kk do it soon. So in facory version one of the driver working with wrong phase and you need to change black and red wire...
I can't say that all of HP700 have this Issue, but i guess it's possible.

Here are some photos:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back