Creative ZEN X-Fi2?
Jul 11, 2010 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TheRH

Headphoneus Supremus
I am in the market for a new player and was curious, has anyone tired the Creative ZEN X-Fi2 series? If so what are you thoughts and opinions?

Thanks,
RH

Jul 12, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 7
Very light for its size.

UI is good, better than say, a S:flo but not in the league of the ipods.

There's an environment for creating apps, but there isn't yet an app store like the ipod touch.

Poor touch screen. Takes the shine off a good player.

Sound quality is very good. Wins the latest classic and nano.

Good value for money, if you're out for sound quality and storage capacity. But it doesn't look or behave slick like other top players.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 7
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I recently bought a Creative Zen X-Fi2 second hand and I was very disappointed with the sound quality. Even with the X-Fi expand and crystalize function turned on it makes the sound even worse. The sound has very weak bass, harsh highs and the stereo soundstage is dreadful to say the least though it gets worse when the X-Fi function is on.

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I recently bought a Creative Zen X-Fi2 second hand and I was very disappointed with the sound quality. Even with the X-Fi expand and crystalize function turned on it makes the sound even worse. The sound has very weak bass, harsh highs and the stereo soundstage is dreadful to say the least though it gets worse when the X-Fi function is on.

If you want good sound quality, it is best to stay away from Creative. Too bad. I love their old models and I've got a Nomad Jukebox 3 (2002), Zen Touch (2004) and Zen Vision: M (2005). The ZVM is to me the last good sounding Creative. I bought a 8GB Creative Zen flash player to my wife 2,5 years ago and it doesn't sound as good as the ZVM. The battery has become poor, and I tought she should get something new, so I bought her a Sony A856 when we went to Japan in October. She thinks it's much better than the Creative Zen.

Too bad that Creative completely has lost the concept when it comes to making simple, good sounding players. If you use a FiiO E5 or E6 with the X-Fi2, it might get a bit more bass. But I'm afraid that there's not much to do about bad sounding EQ and harsh highs...

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #7 of 7
not sure if you know, but the creative zen x-fi 3 is already on its way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back