Creative Zen X-Fi
Sep 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Creative are really pushing the supposed good SQ of this player. I doubt it will outshine my D2 though
wink.gif

I can not compare the zen to other players, except the ipod classic 160 GB (mine). I just bought a zen x-fi (8GB) as a present, and felt the urge to keep it. In most recordings it beats the sound of my classic easily. It has more bass, but that is not the point....the zen sounds a lot more brilliant, the musci is more vibrant, sharper defined and the ipod sounds dull and boring by comparison, this is with Shure 110. Then started to compare it to my PowerBook Pro, and while the laptop sounded miles better than the ipod (no distorted/muddy missing bass and more lively), the Zen was still better overall. I have not messed about with x-fi and crystal settings, just kept them off (I did not want to make a "second hand present"). Also, screen is a lot better than classic, sharper, less options but better in most movies/clips. Beats me why no one on this forum uses one.....

Sep 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #32 of 36
I compared the previous model a 8gb zen to my Sony 818 and it wasn't as good just ok. Haven't tried that newer model. Not encouraged to try after then zen. It's a nice enough player spec and features though. Did they ever intergrate the memory card with the main library on then. Lots of people didn't like that.

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I compared the previous model a 8gb zen to my Sony 818 and it wasn't as good just ok. Haven't tried that newer model. Not encouraged to try after then zen. It's a nice enough player spec and features though. Did they ever intergrate the memory card with the main library on then. Lots of people didn't like that.

Hi Sparky,
Allegedly they first got worse (zen MX) and now got better again, I am not so sure about the SQ, but the X-FI and crystal are new, but I would not use them, more to listen to youtube, but it should make that better. The card is still not fully integrated, you can browse and play contents separately, but not bookmark or anything, I recon the best use is for movie, data and pictures.Or to put music on to "test" and then transfer to the player?

Interestingly it works well with Macs, using XNJB, very nice little player indeed, I like the sound v.much. If sony 818 is even better it maybe just shows how poor the sound on ipod classic is....

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #34 of 36
this model from Creative was horrible in sound and functionality. I returned it to creative and got my refund and then bought the Cowon S9 because it kept crashing whenever I would connect it to my laptop or disconnected after adding more songs on it. Plus it just didnt have enough bass for my ears like the S9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back