Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
May 21, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #616 of 998
I think that depends on your Android dap. I would ask the manufacturer and/or Creative to be sure.
Tried to ask to the manufacturer, and the answer was "it is compatible with Android devices" so quite useless :disappointed_relieved:

Someone knows of some cable or some converter micro USB to usb c with angled terminations?

May 29, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #617 of 998
Oddly enough, the Aurvana SE headphones that came free with the SXFI amp sound better than the Sundaras with Dirac surround processing on my Monolith THX amp. I was expecting this to be the case with the SXFI amp but not with surround processing that wasn't tuned for specific headphones. Perhaps the Sundaras are too revealing for 3D processing?

May 30, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #618 of 998
I'm ordinarily an i-phone user, but I wouldn't mind buying a cheap android phone, to use for the one time facial mapping requirement... I mean, I would normally consider borrowing a friend's android phone for this, but the friends to whom I am close enough for this type of borrowing, are also iphone users, and I am reluctant to ask any others--with whom i am not that close-- for that kind of favor, so what to do?

What are the most painless and hassle-free ways to get the facial mapping done if one is an iphone user?

Is there an android phone out there that is cheap enough to be worth-considering for such a one-time use?

May 30, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #620 of 998
Cool. I did not know they had an iphone app now. Looks like I've been off the pace a little too long... And my amp has been sitting idly by unused. he he he

In the app store they only list the xfi air headphones as the compatible device... I am assuming the profile can also be used with the amp quite seamlessly

One question I need to ask about the Super x-fi air... Do people think it is worth getting if you already have the amp/dongle with several compatible headphones? Also does the sd card on the xfi-air work well for music playback? i ask, because I do not expect to get audiophile grade music delivery from a device like this, but I could be wrong, and if I am, then I shall be grateful to be set straight...

May 30, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #621 of 998
Cool. I did not know they had an iphone app now. Looks like I've been off the pace a little too long... And my amp has been sitting idly by unused. he he he

In the app store they only list the xfi air headphones as the compatible device... I am assuming the profile can also be used with the amp quite seamlessly

One question I need to ask about the Super x-fi air... Do people think it is worth getting if you already have the amp/dongle with several compatible headphones? Also does the sd card on the xfi-air work well for music playback? i ask, because I do not expect to get audiophile grade music delivery from a device like this, but I could be wrong, and if I am, then I shall be grateful to be set straight...

I would guess you could get your ears imaged with the iPhone app but you may not be able to set EQ curves or change the headphone tuning.

May 30, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #622 of 998
I would guess you could get your ears imaged with the iPhone app but you may not be able to set EQ curves or change the headphone tuning.
Okay, so what's the best options I have got, moving forward? Get the Super X-fi Air? Get a cheap prepaid android phone to do the tuning? As you can see, I am not really up to date on what's happening on this front at all...

May 30, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #623 of 998

I have both the dongle and the Air. I like the Air because its wireless. My only gripe is i wish the earpads were soft leather and not fabric. But the sound quality and build quality are both really good especially for the price. If you get the Air I would strongly suggest getting a BT transmitter as my computer BT was not strong enough to provide a good signal. You might also want to connect it to the Amp for more power and double SXFI to see if you like that sound better. I have no idea about the SD card as I don't use it.

May 30, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #624 of 998

I would also suggest you try pairing the Amp with the Audeze Mobius for ultra-out-of-your-head sound experience.

May 30, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #625 of 998
I have both the dongle and the Air. I like the Air because its wireless. My only gripe is i wish the earpads were soft leather and not fabric. But the sound quality and build quality are both really good especially for the price. If you get the Air I would strongly suggest getting a BT transmitter as my computer BT was not strong enough to provide a good signal. You might also want to connect it to the Amp for more power and double SXFI to see if you like that sound better. I have no idea about the SD card as I don't use it.
Well, I wouldn't mind trying the air at all... I imagine you have used the Air with the dongle as you suggest... If so, how did you like the result?

May 30, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #626 of 998
I would also suggest you try pairing the Amp with the Audeze Mobius for ultra-out-of-your-head sound experience.

This is also something I wouldn't mind trying, as long as it will work. I would typically assume that it wouldn't since it might involve "double-amping," but I confess that this fear of "double-amping" is itself merely a kind of audio-related prejudice I have learnt from conventional audiophile lore about dos and don'ts.

May 30, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #627 of 998
Well, I wouldn't mind trying the air at all... I imagine you have used the Air with the dongle as you suggest... If so, how did you like the result?

I prefer the air with the dongle. People complain about the dongle by itself being too echoey. I have never felt that way and double SXFI is even better to my ears. But I have hated normal headphones and having the sound image inside your skull so maybe I am more picky.

May 30, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #628 of 998
This is also something I wouldn't mind trying, as long as it will work. I would typically assume that it wouldn't since it might involve "double-amping," but I confess that this fear of "double-amping" is itself merely a kind of audio-related prejudice I have learnt from conventional audiophile lore about dos and don'ts.

If you got the cash then I highly recommend it. Its really a freaky sound effect. It project sound behind you VERY well. When you swivel in your chair it sounds like there is a physical speaker 3 feet away behind you. Get it on amazon so if you don'tt like it you can always return it. But I do think Audeze and Creative should collaborate and combine the technology. 1 + 1 > 2.

May 30, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #629 of 998
If you got the cash then I highly recommend it. Its really a freaky sound effect. It project sound behind you VERY well. When you swivel in your chair it sounds like there is a physical speaker 3 feet away behind you. Get it on amazon so if you don'tt like it you can always return it. But I do think Audeze and Creative should collaborate and combine the technology. 1 + 1 > 2.

I would get it from Amazon, but if I am not mistaken, they only seem to have the Super X-fi Air C USB headset at the moment, and not the regular super xfi Air. The creative site also seems to have run out temporarily of the Black Airs, so I have put my name down to be notified when they're back in stock (I normally shy away from gadgets that are colored white because of the possibility that they might become easily discolored over the long haul)

May 30, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #630 of 998
I would get it from Amazon, but if I am not mistaken, they only seem to have the Super X-fi Air C USB headset at the moment, and not the regular super xfi Air. The creative site also seems to have run out temporarily of the Black Airs, so I have put my name down to be notified when they're back in stock (I normally shy away from gadgets that are colored white because of the possibility that they might become easily discolored over the long haul)

I meant get the Audeze Mobius from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back