Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
May 9, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #602 of 999
Re: ooyh native vs HeSuVi. I've recorded impulses digitally and can't hear any difference between the two.

I've used the preset on a DT990, WI 1000x, Mobius, Sony xm3, and these sleep head band headphones I have. Outside of the bass response I've not heard any real differences if I use EQ. You also get the nice effect of thinking you've left your speakers on in the night with open backs. With ANC ones you obviously know it's not the case

They all sound amazing and present an image outside my head. I had to EQ them to sound darker but when listening back it sounds amazing. And with the Martin Coltrean preset it sounds better than my real speaker setup for music

May 9, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #603 of 999
I own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, which are not listed in creative's list in the app. Besides the generic headphones, do you thing that there is a pair in Creative's list that is close to my headset so I could choose it?
And just to let you know, I contacted Creative asking them if they intend to include more headphone models and they replied that they have a really LONG list of requests and they cannot be sure when (and if) will they implement them!..

May 9, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #604 of 999
Precisely my case. I have HD600 and M40x and they have profiles for hd650 and M50x ... so far the closest to me have been the m40x with the Aurvana SE profile. Seems both headphones are quite similar in reaponse. Hd600 with hd650 profile sound weird on the front stage. Still haven’t found a good one for HD600, which a little frustrating given how common they are amongst audiophiles

May 9, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #605 of 999
I own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, which are not listed in creative's list in the app. Besides the generic headphones, do you thing that there is a pair in Creative's list that is close to my headset so I could choose it?
And just to let you know, I contacted Creative asking them if they intend to include more headphone models and they replied that they have a really LONG list of requests and they cannot be sure when (and if) will they implement them!..

I used the Beyerdynamic DT880 profile with my Monster beats studio for several months before i eventually get the Emu Teak bundle.

Try every of the headphones profile regardless of brands and models to suit your preference.

May 10, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #606 of 999
Can this be used as a DAC for a more powerful amp? I just got it today and while I was surprised how well it did with music (I have not set up 3D yet so just the amp function), I am thinking about getting a desktop amp with more power.

May 10, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #607 of 999
Can this be used as a DAC for a more powerful amp? I just got it today and while I was surprised how well it did with music (I have not set up 3D yet so just the amp function), I am thinking about getting a desktop amp with more power.
ya, best if the amp has very high input impedance.

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #608 of 999
ya, best if the amp has very high input impedance.

I was thinking about getting the xduoo ta-10 or ta-20, but I also want some EQ capabilities and 3D sound processing.

On a side note, I can't believe the SXFI amp isn't compatible with Android TV.

May 11, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #609 of 999
I was thinking about getting the xduoo ta-10 or ta-20, but I also want some EQ capabilities and 3D sound processing.

On a side note, I can't believe the SXFI amp isn't compatible with Android TV.

Those dac/amps have inputs so you can use them with sxfi. However, I wouldnt necessarily recommend tube amps for binaural stereo. I prefer ultra fast non feedback transistor amplifiers, they're much more capable at rendering the 3d processing.

You can use any analog graphic/parametric equalizer inbetween the sxfi and the amplifier.

Is your only source a tv with android tv, or?

May 11, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #610 of 999

May I suggest you take a look here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/creative-super-x-fi-matches-for-headphones-not-on-the-list.897809/

May 12, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #611 of 999
So I’ve had these since they released and usually use them for movies with my current go to Bose QC35ii.. And I was just packing my stuff when I came across my good old Sony MDR EX1000s and decided to give them a go. Wow was I surprised! I used them for music with the SXFI effects turned off - and this little thing drove the EX1000 in ways I’ve not experienced before. Suddenly I’m keen to go back to these earphones again I can’t go past 55% volume without blowing my ear drums.. finding myself tapping my feet to the music again!

May 12, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #612 of 999
Those dac/amps have inputs so you can use them with sxfi. However, I wouldnt necessarily recommend tube amps for binaural stereo. I prefer ultra fast non feedback transistor amplifiers, they're much more capable at rendering the 3d processing.

You can use any analog graphic/parametric equalizer inbetween the sxfi and the amplifier.

Is your only source a tv with android tv, or?

The SXFI amp has a built in EQ. I have a modest home theater setup with a Shield Android TV console, but this amp would be used more for music.

In the end, it turns out the ta-10 does have bass boost so it may not be an issue after all.

I'm also really stating to dig the SXFI amp with music (without the 3D function), but I wanted to experience my new headphones with more power to see if it made a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back