Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Apr 7, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #514 of 999
How does the sxfi compare with the audioquest blackdragon purely as stereo amp
You can use the sxfi amp on the go whit your android phone and its better for games becouse the out of your head surround you can disable it and listen to normal mode like the dragon fly get the sxfi

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #515 of 999
What is the latest firmware number? When I try to check for updates on my phone is just searches endlessly and I have to unplug it to stop it, anyone else experienced this?

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #516 of 999
On the PC it found an update and was rather painless. Don’t remember what was the latest version now though... can update later.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #517 of 999
What is the latest firmware number? When I try to check for updates on my phone is just searches endlessly and I have to unplug it to stop it, anyone else experienced this?
you can't update firmware from pc. on pc it's sxfi control center or something 3.39

latest is 1.34.01 or 1.34.02

make sure u have updated sxfi app at least 1.10 I think just get the newest 1.20.01

Apr 10, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #519 of 999
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #521 of 999
And so, right now I have the following devices.

Sound blaster ZxR
Sennheiser GSX 1200
Schiit Magnu 3 headphone amp (just got it, paired it with the GSX 1200)
Creative Super X-Fi amp
Sennheiser HD6xx headphones

Some feedback for those who care.

1) The GSX1200 and ZxR have roughly the same amount of power, and clearly not enough to drive HD6xx at full potential. Even at 100 volume there isn't enough kick. Super X-Fi has a lot more power, despite its tiny size.
2) Super X-fi blows ZxR and GSX out of the water when it comes to spatial sound effects, as well as Windows Sonic and Dolby headphone. GSX has better spatial effect for games, but ZxR has better spatial sound for music, at least to me.
3) GSX paired with Magnu has about the same power as the Super X-Fi, which is once again very astonishing how such tiny portable amp can output as much power as a big desktop unit. However at full blast GSX+Magnu provides much cleaner sound, while Super X-Fi starts to have minimal distortions, that are only noticeable if you compare it directly against GSX-Magnu. That said, at full blast both these setups can make you deaf, and if you keep them under 80% both provide clean sound.

Basically for $150 I think the Super X-Fi is awesome. I can only imagine how good SoundblasterX AE-9 is going to be if it supports Super X-Fi and uses audiophile quality components.

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #522 of 999
Basically for $150 I think the Super X-Fi is awesome. I can only imagine how good SoundblasterX AE-9 is going to be if it supports Super X-Fi and uses audiophile quality components.

That will inevitably happen. But I am saving my pennies to get the Massdrop THX AAA 789 amp with the Sxfi AMP as a source. Also feeling the itch to upgrade from my HD600, but amp is first.

Apr 15, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #525 of 999
That will inevitably happen. But I am saving my pennies to get the Massdrop THX AAA 789 amp with the Sxfi AMP as a source. Also feeling the itch to upgrade from my HD600, but amp is first.

I don't know if its such a good idea, you should wait for AE-9 and then pair it with another amp if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back