Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Mar 26, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #481 of 998
Yes to everything. The distortions are heard pretty much on anything that has heavy base regardless of the source - youtube, flac, mp3. The distortions are present on PC, Mac and phone.

I question the quality of the amp in this thing. Such a tiny unit pushing more juice than GSX1000 and ZxR - there's gotta be a trade off.

Am pretty sure it is your unit. So far i saw at least two person replaced their Amp because of that. Do contact Creative and request for exchange.

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #482 of 998
While I don't own the Amp, I do have the SXFI Air headphone which I like very much. It is a great all-arounder with Bluetooth, USB in, Analog in and can play from its own micro SD card slot. While specs call for 32 gb card, I am using a 64 gb and it works just fine. One can use the SXFI processing on any of the inputs or none, whichever is desired. The build quality of the phone is quite good with very comfortable earpads.
I am quite pleased with the Air and feel that it is a great value at about the same price as the Amp.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #485 of 998
Mar 27, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #486 of 998
Many power amps are grossly overpriced! Just take any of the elitist audiophile power amp you see on Stereophile, etc. But there are amps that do distinguish themselves due to low distortion and high SNR. And those are not necessarily the most overpriced either

Mar 27, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #487 of 998
It will be a couple of weeks before I can really have time to properly tinker with Sxfi Amp. So far it’s promising, and I can easily compare it with HeSuVi by disabling the amp dsp and enabling HeSuVi dsp outputting 7.1 to the amp. I’m looking forward to that. I hope it’s more convincing.

I’m also disappointed that the headphone list hasn’t been updated at all...

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #488 of 998
It will be a couple of weeks before I can really have time to properly tinker with Sxfi Amp. So far it’s promising, and I can easily compare it with HeSuVi by disabling the amp dsp and enabling HeSuVi dsp outputting 7.1 to the amp. I’m looking forward to that. I hope it’s more convincing.

Yes they promis that they will update soon but nothing hesuvi dsp what is that how do you enable that sry im new in this hifi thing

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #489 of 998

Im certain sxfi sounds better than hesuvi. Have you compared hesuvis copy to its original? even razer surround sounds better than hesuvis output of razer surround.

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #490 of 998
I think that Sxfi just basically overpowers my headphones, thus the distortions. Even at 50% its a lot louder than GSX, and has a lot more bass. That being said, GSX and ZxR sound a lot cleaner, with just the right amount of power.

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #491 of 998
So I just got a pair of HD6XX (same as HD650) and hooked them up to the Sfxi, and holy crap no more distortions even at 100%, and everything sounds orgasmic.

That being said, HD598 were a lot louder than HD6XX with the Sxfi. They were literally shaking, but HD6XX are a lot quieter and cleaner. On ZxR and GSX however they are about the same volume. I don't understand whats going on, they are pretty similarly spec'd.

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #492 of 998
Mar 27, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #493 of 998
Yes they promis that they will update soon but nothing hesuvi dsp what is that how do you enable that sry im new in this hifi thing
If you already have HeSuVi installed, all you have to do is get into the setup for the different sound devices. Select it and HeSuVi will associate with it and ask for reboot. Now all you have to do is disable the sxfi dsp so it just becomes an external DAC/amp and HeSuVi will apply the dsp. Or disable HeSuVi dsp and enable sxfi dsp. So you can compare different flavors.

Mar 27, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #495 of 998
Im certain sxfi sounds better than hesuvi. Have you compared hesuvis copy to its original? even razer surround sounds better than hesuvis output of razer surround.

I havent really. I do have razer surround too, so I can compare those two at least. But even if ot doesn’t compare to original, the hrtf from gsx and one of the Creative ones actually put the front channels in front of me while other make like an arch effect going above my head which is very distracting. Side and rear effects are pretty descent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back