Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Mar 11, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #451 of 998
Hey Everyone,

I went through the last few pages and couldn't find an answer. How is the amp or the sxfi headsets for gaming. I was either debating on buying the air c or just the amp and use by dt990' any recommendation on the best route. Also does the 3d sound work for PS4 and switch also or just pc.

thanks in advance for the help

The Super X-Fi works on the PS4 and Switch, but can only receive a stereo signal from them. (Not surprising for the Switch, but disappointing on the PS4.) The device will still enable an out-of-the-head effect, making it sound like you're listening to a pair of speakers in a room, but the only way to get a 5.1 or 7.1 signal to the device is through the PC.

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #452 of 998
I use the amp for gaming whit the dt770 250 ohm and i love it the surround sound is increadible and it gets loud enough i use it on 50% whit your 990 it should be better

BUT if you just want to play maybe the G6 could be better i never try it

I get the sxfi instead of the g6 cuz i want it use on my phone on the way too

Hey thanks for letting me know it works good for gaming

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #453 of 998
The Super X-Fi works on the PS4 and Switch, but can only receive a stereo signal from them. (Not surprising for the Switch, but disappointing on the PS4.) The device will still enable an out-of-the-head effect, making it sound like you're listening to a pair of speakers in a room, but the only way to get a 5.1 or 7.1 signal to the device is through the PC.

thats what i was thinking, that it was only for pc to get the full effect Would you have any recommendation amp or headset

thanks

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #454 of 998
Creative G6 whit your 990
Or arctis pro whit game dac

I would take the first one

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #456 of 998
as a noob why the G6 over the sxfi amp for gaming just curious since they are roughly the same price in CDN
Cuz it is 7.1 on playstation got 24\192kbs instead of 24\92 in the sxfi

The g6 is made for gaming the sxfi is more a portable solution if you want to use the amp just for gaming i think the g6 is better

How i said i got the sxfi cuz i use it on my phone and pc

Mar 11, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #457 of 998
Cuz it is 7.1 on playstation got 24\192kbs instead of 24\92 in the sxfi

The g6 is made for gaming the sxfi is more a portable solution if you want to use the amp just for gaming i think the g6 is better

How i said i got the sxfi cuz i use it on my phone and pc

Heh, the advice is correct but the facts are a little off... 24/192 7.1? nope. It can accept lossy dolby digital or dts 5.1 via optical and output binaural stereo using sbx surround.

Mar 11, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #458 of 998
Heh, the advice is correct but the facts are a little off... 24/192 7.1? nope. It can accept lossy dolby digital or dts 5.1 via optical and output binaural stereo using sbx surround.

Hey thanks for the input so you also recommend the g6 over the sxfi amp. Just curious i see in your signature you have the Audeze Mobius how do you like that. i was also looking at that

thanks

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #459 of 998
Hey thanks for the input so you also recommend the g6 over the sxfi amp. Just curious i see in your signature you have the Audeze Mobius how do you like that. i was also looking at that

thanks

If your goal is surround sound via a console, tv, etc. not a pc, then yes stick with an external soundcard or mixamp that specifically states optical toslink input with dolby/dts decoding(accepts an encoded bitstream of 5.1 dolby digital or dts, and decodes the audio) and sbx / dts headphone x / dolby headphone / etc. surround(converts the decoded 5.1 stream to binaural stereo using hrtf convolution).

I like the Mobius alot, but its also 5.1/7.1 over pc only, I use mine almost exclusively as bluetooth headphones.

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #460 of 998
Thanks for sharing this, how can one recognize which driver is installed? Is the 96kHz option a sufficient indicator? Is there maybe some string in the driver properties one can look at to see which class is installed?

The 96kHz option should be enough to distinguish them, but you can also check driver info and look for the file usbaudio2.sys which is the class 2 driver.

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #461 of 998
Did someone now if the delivert cable is a 2.0 or 3.1 usb ?

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #462 of 998
Do you guys know if the Sxfi can be used in conjunction with Waves NX headtracker dongle? That would be awesome...

Mar 14, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #463 of 998
Do you guys know if the Sxfi can be used in conjunction with Waves NX headtracker dongle? That would be awesome...

no... but you can use waves with the waves head tracker (・。・) well, you could use waves and sxfi together

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #464 of 998
thats what i was thinking, that it was only for pc to get the full effect Would you have any recommendation amp or headset

thanks
I would say, for convenience, go for SXFI Air headset as it supports Bluetooth, USB Audio, 3.5mm and even microSD source. But the headphones are heavy on treble, so you need to run through EQ. Use the SXFI app and EQ which will be saved into the hardware, thereafter any inputs will be EQ.

Creative-SXFI-Air-Off-Rating.png

Creative-SXFI-Air-On-Rating.png

Creative_SXFIAIR_12.jpg

SXFI Amp is more versatile as it allows you to use your own headphones, but it only works with wires. If you need audiophile quality, then the Amp is definitely a better option.

I also own the Mobius, and when plugged to PC, the DAC instantly supports 7.1. When I plug SXFI Amp, I need to go to sound settings to change to 5.1/7.1 before I can hear better surround. I like that the Mobius is fun to listen to with the sound localisation, but they are heavy and less out-of-the-head.

I now prefer listening with the SXFI Amp over HD650 at low volumes. It really make me feel as if I am listening from speakers in the room, and keeps me engaged with my family since HD650 is open-back. For movies and more immersive experience, Mobius works better for me.

Mar 16, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #465 of 998
I would say, for convenience, go for SXFI Air headset as it supports Bluetooth, USB Audio, 3.5mm and even microSD source. But the headphones are heavy on treble, so you need to run through EQ. Use the SXFI app and EQ which will be saved into the hardware, thereafter any inputs will be EQ.

Creative-SXFI-Air-Off-Rating.png

Creative-SXFI-Air-On-Rating.png

Creative_SXFIAIR_12.jpg

SXFI Amp is more versatile as it allows you to use your own headphones, but it only works with wires. If you need audiophile quality, then the Amp is definitely a better option.

I also own the Mobius, and when plugged to PC, the DAC instantly supports 7.1. When I plug SXFI Amp, I need to go to sound settings to change to 5.1/7.1 before I can hear better surround. I like that the Mobius is fun to listen to with the sound localisation, but they are heavy and less out-of-the-head.

I now prefer listening with the SXFI Amp over HD650 at low volumes. It really make me feel as if I am listening from speakers in the room, and keeps me engaged with my family since HD650 is open-back. For movies and more immersive experience, Mobius works better for me.

I think my sxfi amp does nothing change on the sound quality any more i can just go higher volume did you now why ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back