Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Feb 17, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #991 of 999
I used these photos taken from the net and I have good profile now, I like the SXFI effects now

1000_F_129536040_xSh3RrAMtGgME7K8fcNnEo8dKOnd3zsr.jpg

Attachments

• ear photo.jpg
    ear photo.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #992 of 999
Casef, I'm using a GC7 DAC, when I turn on SXFI, all in the sudden, all background details are missing like for instance, wind, birds, etc, it just lower sound quite a bit, and if I turn on SBX surround effects, the volume goes up, it makes no sense. Does anyone here has good photos for headmap so I can use them myself?
That would be perfect in CS:GO to have them muted, because all the background sounds distracting during 5v5 matches, hehe

Nov 23, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #994 of 999
Does sxfi work the same way, with the various sources, stereo, souroond 5.1 and7.1?
It’s just virtual surround, nothing that special. Made to make stereo sound like surround sound. They’d like you to think this is something new, but it’s just the next evolution that attempts to be more accurate using the shape of your ears. Works best with headphones. Even if you can apply it to a different source on different speakers, it would sound terrible as that’s not what it’s made for.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #995 of 999
then it was created just to make the stereo sound in sourrand virtual in the headphones. and if the source was a real souroond 5.1 or 7.1 the virtual n headphones does not improve?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #996 of 999
then it was created just to make the stereo sound in sourrand virtual in the headphones. and if the source was a real souroond 5.1 or 7.1 the virtual n headphones does not improve?
Wrong answer.
It doesn't blow up a stereo source but is able to calculate the room simulation for your special head and ear shape basing on 5.1 and 7.1 source, additionally to stereo source.
Unfortunately most of mobile phones don't route 5.1 and 7.1 to the USB out, so this feature becomes useless. Only a decent portable stereo amp with room simulation for a stereo setup remains.

Please read this message.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #997 of 999
Just to let you guys know,
If you're having problems getting decent sound personalization accuracy and mapping, you can ask Creative to look at your head pictures that are uploaded and to manually fix the mapping for you, which will be stored on their servers. Did this a long time ago with a mapping and it still sounds better than anything I can do manually, even on gen 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back