Creative Sound Blaster Z connected to external DAC.
May 24, 2015 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Geoo

New Head-Fier
Hello, I want to connect the sound blaster z to my external DAC toslink. I can take advantage of the creative software, virtual surround?

my config: audio-gd 15.1 dac / amp. Sorry for my English thz.

May 24, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 5
  Hello, I want to connect the Sound Blaster Z to my external DAC toslink. I can take advantage of the creative software, virtual surround?

my config: audio-gd 15.1 dac / amp. Sorry for my English thz.

The Sound Blaster Z can send processed SBX Headphone surround sound thru it's optical jack.
Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before you installed the SB-Z and the creative software.

Where are you located?

May 25, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 5

The Sound Blaster Z can send processed SBX Headphone surround sound thru it's optical jack.
Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before you installed the SB-Z and the creative software.

Where are you located?

Ty mate:) Germans live in but are Italian.  I was told that encode dts, Dolby does not work?

I do not want to use the amplifier of Z.

you made me happy now:)

More info: My headset Sennheiser 598, final icepower 125x2 class d. Now i used razer surrond pro.

May 25, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 5
  I was told that encode dts, Dolby does not work?

Not sure why your bring up DTS and Dolby.
Chances the external DAC is just 2-channel PCM audio.
DTS (DTS-connect) or Dolby (DDL) might be used if you need to compress up to 6-channels of audio, to send thru the optical port.
Processed headphone surround sound is only 2-channel audio, one channel for each diaphragm in each cup of the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back