Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
May 4, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #3,526 of 3,608
Just found out my old mixamp has RCA inputs, not outputs, and its USB is power only, so no way of getting everything out of PS5's audio. Guess it's of no use.

Maybe my case is more unique than I was expecting, but I assumed plenty of people would have PC/Console stations and would like to hear both through the same headphones (such as listening to a podcast with the game's audio on the background) but it's proving hard to find an easy/affordable solution other than the X7.
You can plug the external amp via the headphone socket and set the mixamp volume to max

May 11, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #3,532 of 3,608
I am sure the DAC on X7 does not have a preamp....since the volume knob is digital...
Nevertheless, the rca outs on the back allow for volume adjustments so can be used with an external power amp and/or powered speakers

May 11, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #3,535 of 3,608
By this point I'm fairly certain on getting the standard X7 (plus Sundara's) for an AiO simultaneous input solution, but then went down the speaker/studio monitor rabbit hole (just because), which I know nothing about.
I've read random pages from this thread and got a bit overwhelmed by information, with some passive speaker recommendations that seem to exceed X7's capabilities on paper, as well as some woes about 2.1 setups.

For a layman: Is the X7 capable of driving nearfield monitors in the ballpark of Klipsch R 41/51-M's (or any alternative with 4"-5" woofers comfortably)? Or would I have to aim lower? Or get the stronger power adapter, etc.
Secondly, if I forego passive speakers and pay extra for powered ones, there will be no issues if I connect a subwoofer through the speakers right? I recall reading about some problems connecting one to X7 directly.

May 27, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #3,537 of 3,608
I have an X7 and I want to know if the RCA in’s analog signal goes to the ADC or the headphone out ?

Is it like (A) or (B):?

(A) RCA_IN > ADC > DAC > headphone out
(B) RCA_IN > headphone out

I have contacted two major reviewers and I get a conflicting answer, some of them say its (A) and some say its (B) …

I have also contacted Creative but I didn’t get a proper answer.

Is there a way to check ?

May 28, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #3,538 of 3,608
I have an X7 and I want to know if the RCA in’s analog signal goes to the ADC or the headphone out ?

Is it like (A) or (B):?

(A) RCA_IN > ADC > DAC > headphone out
(B) RCA_IN > headphone out

I have contacted two major reviewers and I get a conflicting answer, some of them say its (A) and some say its (B) …

I have also contacted Creative but I didn’t get a proper answer.

Is there a way to check ?
It's A. You can verify this by connecting a source and headphones and then turning on any SBX feature or EQ in X7

May 28, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #3,540 of 3,608
What happens if you turn on direct mode for headphones ? Does this make the signal bypass ADC and DAC ?
No, it mutes all inputs except either USB or spdif depending on which direct mode you choose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back