Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jun 6, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #3,466 of 3,608
Hi All...

Have post in the passed !

Having a few issue with my X7, I've upgraded the mobo (and other parts) but I'm having problems with the X7 being unresponsive AND/OR the software not seeing the amp thus being no sound. The only way I can get it to work again is either unplug via the power, sometime I have to restart the PC & this has not worked !

Other problems I have are simple ones like plug in my headphones & it powers off or resets its self meaning I have to go through the same as above ! Some would say, don't turn off the PC & that brings in the dreaded X7 into sleep mode..... Damn thing wont wake !

I installed the new FW and its worse !!! I'm plagued with all issues every startup. Rolled back to see if I can sort it but I'm kidding myself as it did it before :frowning2:
I'm wondering if the X7 doesn't like USB3 or something as it didn't like it in the old MOBO ports, this now MOBO only has USB3 so I can't even move it to another port.

I've always bought Creative & defended their software/hardware but the money I've spend on the X7 & E-MU I've felt mugged off !

Hi,
I do having same issues like you had but mostly if i use device with burson v5i it won't wake up from sleep
with stock opmaps happens very rare but i think i found the problem my previous power adapter was measured volt 24,9 (labeled 24v :lol)
i bought another one with measured volt 24,2 device survived first waking up from sleep
i did use device most time with usb3 connected
but for testing i put device to usb2 things got worse even

here i did steps before putting new power
disconnected e-mu cables from x7
switching to 8ohm mode and putting standard power source
re-flash firmware with firmware.exe -force
than switch 4ohm and high power mode
i didn't test with bursons with new power source yet

Jun 12, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #3,467 of 3,608
Hi guys, may i know how do you enable Dolby Digital for X7? I have Dolby Access on PC Windows 10.

I am currently connecting this in this sequence

Desktop PC > USB Out > X7 > Optical Out > KEF LS50W.

Thank you for your help..

Jun 12, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #3,468 of 3,608
Hello friendly people,

Been a while since I've posted here as I haven't been using my X7 recently. But I'm getting my streaming setup back up and running and don't remember how I had it all set up. I want to use my GoXLR mixer for its ability to control the sound levels for my mic and game audio and chat audio and all that. But unfortunately the GoXLR doesn't quite drive my headphones, Beyer Dynamic DT990 250 Ohm, quite loud enough. So I want to use the Creative X7 at least for its amp to power the headphones, might get in to the surround sound stuff later if I can make it work, but for now just need it to power the headphones.

Pretty sure I had this set up before, but can't get it to work now. The GoXLR has a 3.5mm line in, I assumed I could go out from the X7 to the line in on the GoXLR and use the GoXLR to adjust line in volume as need. The only Line out I see on the X7 is the left and right RCA speaker line outs. I tried using RCA to 3.5mm to make that connection but not getting any sound to the headphones, probably because its sending the audio to the GoXLR. I feel like I'm missing something and like I said, I can't remember how I had it all set up previously. Any idea how to do this?

Edit: I may have figured it out. Headphone out from the GoXLR to RCA line in on the X7 works, but it does affect volume. I now need to have both the GoXLR headphone slider and the X7 at 100% for it to be as loud as the X7 by itself is at 50% volume.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #3,469 of 3,608
my SBX7 Control Pannel not working after reinstalling windows 10 on the Speaker Section When clicking Test the speakers NO SOUND! W.T.F MS?CREATIVE?

Tried reinstalling Drivers but no luck! PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #3,471 of 3,608
What is the consensus on the best Op-amps to put in an X7 if one wants to increase SQ?

Thanks

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #3,473 of 3,608
Sep 28, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #3,475 of 3,608
So what do we move to when the PS5 comes out? I now have a modmic USB that significantly improved upon my setup. It plugs directly into the console.

Now that the PS5 is foregoing optical I'm wondering if the PS5 will support the X7 via USB? The PS4 doesn't recognize the X7 when plugged in currently...

I guess worse case is TV pass through via optical? What could we possibly move to?

Sep 28, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #3,476 of 3,608
So what do we move to when the PS5 comes out? I now have a modmic USB that significantly improved upon my setup. It plugs directly into the console.

Now that the PS5 is foregoing optical I'm wondering if the PS5 will support the X7 via USB? The PS4 doesn't recognize the X7 when plugged in currently...

I guess worse case is TV pass through via optical? What could we possibly move to?
I guess to normal PC gaming.

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #3,477 of 3,608

Not sure , Sony is being unusually quiet about the entire console launch tbh

Sep 29, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #3,478 of 3,608

PS5 has builtin 3d Audio engine that's supposedly superior to the SBX processing found in X7 so what we can move to is regular stereo dacs and amps

Oct 12, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #3,479 of 3,608
for gaming, this has awesome impact, better than most any dac i have tried. However it lacks the sparkle at the high end.

Just wish this did not look so goofy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back