Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Dec 30, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2,146 of 3,608
Dec 31, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #2,148 of 3,608
Would something like

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252673784767

Work?

If it's explicitly labeled as PS4 compatible then it should, although You need to exercise caution as cheap Chinese gear often fails to deliver the promised functionality.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #2,149 of 3,608
Which would have more impact on the sound of the X7, the ss3601 or the 3602? The ss3602 costs a fair bit more and I'm not 100% certain what the roles of the single vs dual op amps are.

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #2,150 of 3,608
Which would have more impact on the sound of the X7, the ss3601 or the 3602? The ss3602 costs a fair bit more and I'm not 100% certain what the roles of the single vs dual op amps are.

Honestly you should replace them both. Email Sparkos on his website and let him know what you are going to do. He was under the impression the SS3602 would make the bigger difference, but both will make it better. He'll cut you a deal buying them.

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #2,151 of 3,608
Honestly you should replace them both. Email Sparkos on his website and let him know what you are going to do. He was under the impression the SS3602 would make the bigger difference, but both will make it better. He'll cut you a deal buying them.

Speaking of, when's the review coming?

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #2,152 of 3,608

Speaking of, when's the review coming?

Maybe if someone would review the SS3602 I'd be more confident about swapping them :p

More importantly, happy new year to everyone in this thread. The X7 has been an amazing audio upgrade for me and I wouldn't have purchased it without the impressions and opinions of the members in this thread. I hope the new year brings more success to all here.

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #2,154 of 3,608
Ugh, I've been in bed the last two days and still feel like death. Hopefully soon, cause that means I'm better!

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #2,155 of 3,608
Ugh, I've been in bed the last two days and still feel like death. Hopefully soon, cause that means I'm better!

hi,

would it be possible to get a picture of them installed when you do your review, i want to buy either the v5i, sparkos or the sonic imagery ones (http://www.sonicimagerylabs.com/products/Model992DiscreteOpAmp-Ticha.html)

i have learned from here that the v5i stop the cover from fitting which is OK, but I'm struggling to see how or if the dual versions of the other two makes will ever fit or if the singles of the sonic imagery ones will fit at all.

i have muses02 in mine at the minute and also had the 627 in the singles but they sounded too aggressive and almost like they were clipping (not sure the 627 was genuine but i know the muses are, i also have the muses01 which seem less fun sounding)

i use the muses02 (not the 01) as the original dual op amp was of the same topology and assumed it must be the more suitable replacement of the two, but the muses01 sound flatter and cleaner, the 02 is more warm sounding when using the default singles. (i tried the 01 in there too)

from reading the op amp reviews of the sparko and v5i i think the sparko is the sound I'm after (max details and separation)

has anyone tried the sonic imagery ones? it seems like they might be the best (purely based on numbers/cost) and id love to fit all 4 but if they wont fit i don't want to waste an OK chunk of money.

if only the singles fit id get them and then if the double sparkos fit (based on your feedback) id try combining them.

if not then id need to work out if the v5i dual are better than the muses and go for single sparkos and dual v5i's or muses?

so many options :frowning2:

am i right with this grossly simplistic break down?

v5i = warm romantic (singles and dual fit with cover removed)
sparko= neutral detail (singles fit i hear with cover on, dual i don't know)
sonic imagery = no one knows? (no idea if even the singles fit as these look like their footprint is larger than the sparkos)

will the v5i be an improvement over the muses line of op amps, which them selves i find warm sounding.

EDIT:

just looked up the sizes of the three options, the

v5i      = 7.3mm   (top wont fit...)
ss3601 = 7.62mm (assume top also wont fit!)
992enh = 9.27mm (woops guessing this is getting silly)

and this is only the singles sizes, this makes me think the dual versions will just be a tad too tall to not need new feet on the x7

think I'll order 2 of the ss3601

so anyone compared the muses and the v5i as to which is more detailed with wider sound stage and separation? ill use them as the dual op amps.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #2,156 of 3,608
  hi,

would it be possible to get a picture of them installed when you do your review, i want to buy either the v5i, sparkos or the sonic imagery ones (http://www.sonicimagerylabs.com/products/Model992DiscreteOpAmp-Ticha.html)

i have learned from here that the v5i stop the cover from fitting which is OK, but I'm struggling to see how or if the dual versions of the other two makes will ever fit or if the singles of the sonic imagery ones will fit at all.

i have muses02 in mine at the minute and also had the 627 in the singles but they sounded too aggressive and almost like they were clipping (not sure the 627 was genuine but i know the muses are, i also have the muses01 which seem less fun sounding)

i use the muses02 (not the 01) as the original dual op amp was of the same topology and assumed it must be the more suitable replacement of the two, but the muses01 sound flatter and cleaner, the 02 is more warm sounding when using the default singles. (i tried the 01 in there too)

from reading the op amp reviews of the sparko and v5i i think the sparko is the sound I'm after (max details and separation)

has anyone tried the sonic imagery ones? it seems like they might be the best (purely based on numbers/cost) and id love to fit all 4 but if they wont fit i don't want to waste an OK chunk of money.

if only the singles fit id get them and then if the double sparkos fit (based on your feedback) id try combining them.

if not then id need to work out if the v5i dual are better than the muses and go for single sparkos and dual v5i's or muses?

so many options :frowning2:

am i right with this grossly simplistic break down?

v5i = warm romantic (singles and dual fit with cover removed)
sparko= neutral detail (singles fit i hear with cover on, dual i don't know)
sonic imagery = no one knows? (no idea if even the singles fit as these look like their footprint is larger than the sparkos)

will the v5i be an improvement over the muses line of op amps, which them selves i find warm sounding.

EDIT:

just looked up the sizes of the three options, the

v5i      = 7.3mm   (top wont fit...)
ss3601 = 7.62mm (assume top also wont fit!)
992enh = 9.27mm (woops guessing this is getting silly)

and this is only the singles sizes, this makes me think the dual versions will just be a tad too tall to not need new feet on the x7

think I'll order 2 of the ss3601

so anyone compared the muses and the v5i as to which is more detailed with wider sound stage and separation? ill use them as the dual op amps.

The top cover fits when the SS3601 is installed. I spoke to mr Sparks a few months back and according to him the SS3602 should fit too if the pin standoffs were removed.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #2,158 of 3,608
So, I have my PS4 connected via digital optical, rca into my X7, headphone into my x7, and the other end of the rca into a y-splitter into the PS4 controller.

Everything is great except for the X7 microphone is being picked up instead of the actual microphone.

- EDIT: Figured it out. :)

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #2,159 of 3,608
Guys, why do you even bother with running RCA to the controller? Just buy the bluetooth dongle and be done with it. Less cable clutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back