Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Mar 24, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #226 of 3,608
I agree with the above, and add that we should be able to set the default headphone volume. 

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #229 of 3,608
Mar 24, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #230 of 3,608
And for the love of god, have the X7 default to a low volume ANYTIME somthinge is plugged in, or unplugged. If you can automatically switch the X7 headphone mode, you should just as easily make the X7 default to a low volume so people don't blow out their equipment on accident. It's bad enough that the volume knob takes forever to go from a high to low volume.

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #231 of 3,608
Well, ordered the OPA827 pre-mounted on DIP8 from Ebay. Seems legit.
Link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320944833254?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

popcorn.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #233 of 3,608
finally got a reply back from Creative after it got escalated regarding getting an upgraded power supply.

not that it matters to much now since we found the appropriate power supply at aliexpress, but never the less thought i would post it in here incase anyone was waiting.

Dear Christophe

Thank you for your patience.

We are sorry to inform there are currently no plans to sell the upgraded power adaptor at our Australia store. You may refer to a third party reseller or Online store for further advice if there are stocks for your requested piece part.

Have a great day ahead, Christophe.

Regards

Raja
Creative Worldwide Customer Response

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #235 of 3,608
Hello guys, I'm totally new to the genre and my HD700 are pushing my curiosity towards it. Can you suggest a couple of albums/composers with a similar epic feeling of Liberi Fataly from Nobuo Uematsu? 

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #236 of 3,608
Could someone explain why anyone would want to change the power adapter on the X7?

It only affects the power of it's speaker outputs. (I believe it goes from 70watt to 144watts). So if you use speakers, it's well worth upgrading. It has zero effect for headphones, unless you hook up some hard to drive planarmagnetics via speaker taps, like the HE-4, HE-5LE, HE-6.

This stuff is LITERALLY on the first page.

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #237 of 3,608
  LucasCL

LucasCL

Is there any update to the X7 Control Panel software anytime soon? There a number of quirks in the software that I hope can be addressed. Can you pass this along to the team that work on the software? Thanks:

1. Speaker calibration should not be passed through to headphones:

Right now, speaker calibration affects both speakers and headphones. The speaker calibration feature is really useful for someone like me who has left and right speakers placed asymmetrically (physical limitation). But I switch between speakers and headphones very frequently, and having to manually turn off (there isn't even an OFF button, I have to manually adjust the calibration back to center) the speaker calibration when I put on my headphone is really annoying.

2. Better way to enable SBX Surround:

We have discovered that to fully take advantage of SBX Surround for headphones we have to do the following in sequence: (1) unplug headphones, (2) change speaker setting to 5.1, (3) plug in headphones (this change speaker setting to "headphones", but the speaker setting in Windows control panel remains at "5.1" which is what we want, (4) turn on SBX Surround. The SBX Surround experience is quite different if 2.1/2.0 speakers was chosen before plugging the headphones in, and if we try to select "5.1 speaker" after the headphones were plugged in, the headphones setting would get overridden and no sound would come out from the headphones.

There should be better documentation in the software/support page about how to use / best take advantage of SBX Surround. The software should also does the above automatically when enabling SBX Surround

3. Speaker/headphones settings and calibration should also be saved to profile:

Right now they are not. Because of (1) and (2) listed above, it would be very handy if we could save speaker/headphones adjustments to profile.

Hey @earfonia , @khtse,

yes, there will be an updated Sound Blaster X7 control panel being released soon. We are in the final stages of testing and it should be released to public by mid-April :)

And regarding your above questions:

1. The new software update will fix this issue.

2. This seems like a software bug to me. I have feedback this to the X7 team and will keep you guys posted if I have an update.

3. This should be fixed when (1) and (2) are fixed.

Cheers,
Lucas

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #239 of 3,608
It only affects the power of it's speaker outputs. (I believe it goes from 70watt to 144watts). So if you use speakers, it's well worth upgrading. It has zero effect for headphones, unless you hook up some hard to drive planarmagnetics via speaker taps, like the HE-4, HE-5LE, HE-6.

This stuff is LITERALLY on the first page.

Well I've read a great deal of this thread, so must have missed that.

Thanks

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #240 of 3,608

Hey @earfonia , @khtse,

yes, there will be an updated Sound Blaster X7 control panel being released soon. We are in the final stages of testing and it should be released to public by mid-April :)

And regarding your above questions:

1. The new software update will fix this issue.

2. This seems like a software bug to me. I have feedback this to the X7 team and will keep you guys posted if I have an update.

3. This should be fixed when (1) and (2) are fixed.

Cheers,
Lucas

Cool Thanks!

One more, can we have fix initial volume when we turn on the X7 ? 
As mentioned by some other users here, since there is no volume indicator, fix initial volume is very important for safety purpose. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back