Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jul 22, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #3,046 of 3,608
Hey guys, I wonder if someone can help me. I just got the X7 today, Windows 10 try's to install the drivers but it fails, I get a message saying drivers are corrupt. I have de-installed, re-installed etc. The device shows in the device list, but I just cant get Windows to assign it a driver. The first part of the software installtion works, but when it comes to setting the device up the software cant see it (because of the driver issue)

Anyone have any ideas?

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #3,047 of 3,608
Thanx! Will try both and "see" hear what will work best.

Is there a difference in using the headphone jack of the MixAmp Pro TR to the X7 opposed to the Stream outport on the back of the MixAmp to the X7 ? By using the streamport i can set it to just output chat audio and leave the game audio to the X7.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #3,048 of 3,608
Hey guys, I wonder if someone can help me. I just got the X7 today, Windows 10 try's to install the drivers but it fails, I get a message saying drivers are corrupt. I have de-installed, re-installed etc. The device shows in the device list, but I just cant get Windows to assign it a driver. The first part of the software installtion works, but when it comes to setting the device up the software cant see it (because of the driver issue)

Anyone have any ideas?
Extract the .exe using 7zip and then manually run the .msi file

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #3,050 of 3,608
Oh great! Thank you! Is this a known issue and workaround? It was driving me nuts yesterday. I will try this when I get home at 7pm EST. So I plug the device in power PC on\ and then perform your actions I assume?
Update - I tried what you said. No luck! Says it cant install the drivers! Any other options or I will return it, maybe try another unit.

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #3,051 of 3,608
Open in "admin" mode?

Turn off any malware or virus protection?

Try an older version of the drivers?

Try on a different USB port?

Try on a different PC?

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #3,055 of 3,608
Jul 24, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #3,058 of 3,608
Update - I tried what you said. No luck! Says it cant install the drivers! Any other options or I will return it, maybe try another unit.
Is the device even recognized in the Device Manager? If yes, try right clicking on it and using the update driver option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back