Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD - 122db/118db SNR for Line-out/HP-out
Jan 16, 2010 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Alexander01

Head-Fier
sb%2Bhd.bmp

Specs:

- Second-generation Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity audio processor for PCI Express slots.

- RCA Line Out for audio playback up to 122dB, 24-bit/96kHz Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC)
- RCA Line Input for recording up to 118dB, 24-bit 96kHZ Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADC)
- 0.001% Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N)
- Headphone output for audio listening up to 115dB 33 Ohms, and 117dB, 330 Ohms, at 24bit/96kHz
- Replaceable Op-amps
- Hardware-accelerated 3D positional audio and EAX® 5.0 effects that provide a truly immersive experience with headphones and speakers
- Dolby Digital and DTS encoding enables one-step single-cable connection to home entertainment systems
- TOS-link optical-in/out
- 1/8” microphone-in
- 1/8” headphone jack
- Creative ALchemy™ to restore EAX and surround sound that is otherwise lost in DirectSound game titles running under Windows Vista and Windows 7
- ASIO recording support with latency as low as one millisecond with minimal CPU load
- Works with Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems

More info:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/01/prweb3420054.htm
http://www.mycreativefansite.com/201...ster-x-fi.html

It probably beats the Xonar STX/ST in terms of PRAT (deeper/wider soundstage with crisp postitional details, smoother laidback sound signature, better frequency response and no listening fatigue due agressive/spikey trebles) since the suggested retail price will be 199 dollar.

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 23
I had the Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Auzentech X-Fi Prelude, Creative X-Fi Titanium and the Asus Xonar STX. I can easily say that there is much more Sound Quality difference between the audio chipsets (like X-Fi XtremeGamer and X-Fi Titanium) then with slightly different cards with the same chipset (like X-Fi XtremeGamer and Auzentech X-Fi Prelude). So I think this new X-Fi Titanium HD must be immersive. I have high expectations from the updated chipset in that card.

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 23
LOL'd at the plastic EMI shield...

From the picture it seem that it uses less high grade material than the ST/STX, which it uses a mix of metal film and electrolytic capacitors.

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 23
This one comes with Vista drivers that may actually work, nice!

May 10, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #8 of 23
It's also supposed to have the same op-amps as the Grado headphone amps (according to engadget).  Since I have grados, and need Creative cards for gaming as well, this might be a good buy for me.

May 10, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #10 of 23
The Grado amp is a joke though, isn't it just a Cmoy in a wooden box?

May 11, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #12 of 23
From the press release:

"Pricing and Availability
The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD will be available at The CREATIVE Stores at International Business Park and Marina Square, the online store at sg.store.creative.com and authorised dealers in Singapore from March 2010 onwards at the suggested retail prices of S$299.00 and S$149.00 respectively."

Jun 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #15 of 23
That translation is pretty bad. I don't know what i'm supposed to get from those rmaa graphs. each one is the same card with a different op amp? None of them seem to line up is that supposed to happen? Are the higher db one supposed to be better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back