Creative Sound Blaster® X7 Named as a Double 2015 CES Innovation Awards Honoree
Nov 12, 2014 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Sound Blaster

Member of the Trade: Creative Labs
We're excited to share this piece of news with the community! 

Creative Technology Ltd today announced that it has been named a 2015 International CES Innovations Awards Honoree for its Sound Blaster® X7 – the ultimate upgrade for pro-gamers and audio enthusiasts. This feature-packed ultra high resolution audio (HRA) device acts as an external USB DAC and a powerful audio amplifier with low-latency Bluetooth® connectivity and Dolby Digital decoder.

Designed to connect with a range of gaming and entertainment systems, the Sound Blaster X7 functions as an ultra high-end external Sound Blaster audio solution with an impressive 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution 127dB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and a 100W-capable audio amplifier. It enhances audio quality and delivers the clearest, most powerful high-resolution audio experience for games, music and movies – meeting the most discerning demands of audiophile listeners and enthusiast gamers alike.

Audiophile-grade components, features, and specifications:
  1. Burr-Brown (PCM1794) 127dB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) supports high-resolution audio playback of HD audio tracks up to 24-bit/192kHz when connected to PC/Mac, including 24-bit/88.2kHz and 24-bit/176.4kHz
  2. Texas Instruments (TPA6120A2) 600Ω headphone amplifier is capable of driving audiophile-grade headphones, with full and detailed clarity
  3. High power, high efficiency Texas Instruments Class D amplifier (TPA3116D2) delivers up to 100W power (2 x 50W @ 4Ω)* to passive bookshelf and tower speakers
  4. Burr-Brown (PCM4220) 123dB analog-to-digital converter (ADC) delivers high quality, low noise analog line-in audio playback and audio recording of up to 24-bit/192kHz
  5. Nichicon “Fine Gold” capacitors offers rich sound in the bass register and clearer highs
  6. USB 2.0 Host connectivity allows direct streaming of high quality, lossless audio from Android and iOS devices
  7. Asynchronous Mode USB Audio greatly reduces jitter and allows accurate high-resolution audio data transfer from the computer
  8. Swappable op-amps for customisable tonality
  9. ASIO support allows for reduced latency for a higher resolution audio experience
  10. Gold-plated audio connectors create precise contact for low signal loss

Learn more about the Sound Blaster X7 here or read the press release.

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 15
Wow,probably gonna sound like crap with stock opamps,pretty much like the ZXR....

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 15
^thanks, I found out the release date earlier this week, and preordered it on that first day. Got an email stating that expected delivery was Dec 19-23, so if you wait it might take longer. I'm going to see if I can get it shipped faster than standard mail, look for a review here on Head-Fi and on YouTube in my channel of the same user name as here (evshrug).

The X7 I think will be mostly selling to people wanting an upgrade from the other console DSP units (and some other types of users), but even though it's a "level 2" product I suspect it'll sell well if people hear about it. Meaning demand will be pretty high at first.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #12 of 15
So even a day earlier than they reported??

Idk, you can order but if Creative left instructions about a release day (so that a few outlets can get stock ready too, or something), it's possible that they won't arrive till the 15th. But if they show in-stock, I guess they might ship tomorrow?

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #13 of 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back