Creative HS 450 vs Creative Labs Fatal1ty
Oct 16, 2008 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Just a quick one for my dads birthday.

Creative HS450 vs Creative Labs Fatal1ty (headsets)

The Fatal1ty one is a bit more, just wanted to make sure I wasn't paying for just the name.

The specs seem the same, other than the wider headband and detachable mic. (from what I can see).

Thank you.

Will be used for gaming.

Oct 16, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 9
Why would you subject your own father to such a thing? A dedicated headphone + USB microphone/Array mic is a way better combo. IIRC though, Beyerdynamic has their own gaming headset.

Oct 16, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you subject your own father to such a thing? A dedicated headphone + USB microphone/Array mic is a way better combo. IIRC though, Beyerdynamic has their own gaming headset.

Well, we kinda agreed on a price, he's not interested in anything to expensive, I tried explaining to him about it.

He's a speaker guy if you get what I mean
jecklinsmile.gif

Well to be fair he's just getting into gaming with me LAN, so he needs a mic because he can't type very fast, and the speakers are awful for gaming.

Oct 16, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why would you be subjecting your dad to gaming?
as a dad i object.

** runs away **

sorry for the OT.
biggrin.gif

Why? Everyone's different, I've been evolved in gaming for many years, some people describe me as a pro etc, I have been to involved too much, but now I just play for fun.

My dad's always been a gamer, more of a 1-2 times a week for fun gamer.

It's very fun to teach him and watch him get better when we play LAN together, great fun.

Anyone should be allowed to do what they enjoy, as long as it isn't harming others, that's my view...

regular_smile .gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 9
Get a cheap Beyer DT231 as the MMX1, MMX2 and the dt234pro are base don that.

Creative headsets = :/ apart from the Aurvana Live, which is a rebranded Denon D1001 which in turn is OEM'ed by Fostex.
Honestly, I'm a gamer too and a cheap clip-on mic and a "standard" headphone is so so so much better value wise.

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Well went with the Creative Fatal1ty, friend has it and likes it a lot, thanks for the help everyone!

If it's good quality etc then I'll be more likely to buy there gaming sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back