Creative EP-830 Bass Loss
Aug 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

classicalman114

New Head-Fier
Back around October 2010, I decided to invest in a Creative Zen X-Fi 8 gig model for around $80.00 from Amazon. I was truly expecting good bass from the provided earphones, which I believe were Creative EP-830s, and I wasn't let down at first. The bass was  almost overwhelming initially. However, after continuous use, it seemed to wear down, and many of the low frequencies were lost. Then one channel went dead after further use (typical haha). This is quite the opposite situation to the case with my current phones, a pair of Kilpsch Image S4s I purchased for $75.00 at Best Buy, which developed more bass after I broke them in. So is it true that some headphones/earphones do come with quality bass at first, but then wear down over time? The opposite of ones that require break in time? 

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 2
As headphones break in, they change.  How they change is dependent on the drivers themselves.  Unless someone has used the headphones themselves and gone through the break in process, they can't tell you if the bass will increase, decrease, or stay put...  The bass is normally the first thing to change, the treble last. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back