creative blaster ZrX vs Asus sonar essence II
Jul 3, 2015 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Emir

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have a doubt. I had decided to go with the 250 ohm beyer 880dt  and the creative blaster ZrX sound card , but I've found it's main competitor, the Asus sonar essence II. 
Which one out of these 2 sound cards would be better for my use (movies, I like clear dialogue). Which one has better amp?
I also use ****ty headphones like Pioneer SE-CL711.
Thank you in advance!!!

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 6
I want a sound card ( a really good one) that integrates everything. I'm not an audiophile person, I just want an item that solves everything and use it all the time. That said, I want it to be the best one =P

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 6
I want a sound card ( a really good one) that integrates everything. I'm not an audiophile person, I just want an item that solves everything and use it all the time. That said, I want it to be the best one =P

Well, just go for the regular STX or the ZXR. Save your money for something else.

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, you said you are not an audiophile person. Doesn't make sense to me to spend twice as much on the STX II for the little bit of sound improvement that could easily not be significant to you. The STX II is a lot more expensive than the STX because it has multichannel output for hooking up surround sound, rather than stereo/ 2 channel output like the original STX. And having owned the STX and moved to external dac/amps, I just don't think it makes sense to spend a lot more on an internal sound card since the internal PC environment is the primary potential problem for making the next jump in sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back