Creative Aurvana Trio
Apr 23, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #16 of 44
Received them, listened to them a lot the past week. Some might call me crazy, but I think I prefer them over the Aeon Flow Closed. Now, the Aeon obviously has the bigger soundstage, more microdetail, more texture etc. etc. but the Creative Aurvana make it up by being relatively cheap for the performance they offer. There is no denying that I'm addicted to the bass and the smoothness they offer. There is no track at all which sounds even close to harsh to my ears and even though a lot of people will probably say that the treble is rolled off, they are just musical as heck. I consider giving away the AEONs, even though they are technically better.

Overall I'm just very satisfied with them. I don't know what really defines being "audiophile", but if its just enjoying music as much as possible, then these are a top contender in doing exactly this. I'm hooked!

Now, again, what I want to further add is that I'm producing music and these are not the best for mastering or mixing a track, the AEONs would probably do a better job, but for just plain listening to music they are amazing.

Thanks for your impressions! Having some good IEMs, to be honest now only 2 IEMs that I keep using, the DUNU DK-3001 and Aurvana Trio. They are just simply very good sounding.
I use SpinFit for the Trio, it adds treble sparkle a bit, closer to my treble preference. I also replaced the cable with decent cable from AliExpress, nothing fancy, I just feel the stock cable a bit too thin for me.

Apr 24, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #17 of 44
Thanks for your impressions! Having some good IEMs, to be honest now only 2 IEMs that I keep using, the DUNU DK-3001 and Aurvana Trio. They are just simply very good sounding.
I use SpinFit for the Trio, it adds treble sparkle a bit, closer to my treble preference. I also replaced the cable with decent cable from AliExpress, nothing fancy, I just feel the stock cable a bit too thin for me.

Interesting, may I ask, what does the DK-3001 do better or worse than the Trio? I'm not planning to get the DK-3001 because I've heard about fitting issues with a lot of people but I'd generally be interested in a very short comparison.

I'll be receiving the Nightowls today and even though I will probably not keep them, I look forward to hearing their Bio-Cellulose driver as well, probably a very similar one if not the same in terms of material found in the creative.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #18 of 44
DK-3001 have greater illusion of space, so sounds more spacious than Trio. Mildly brighter, but not in the sense of analytic brightness, but in the way that it sounds more open and transparent. So mids and treble DK-3001 in my opinion is better, more open, spacious, with better sense of room acoustic. For the bass part, I think Trio is better, not by much, but better in the sense that the bass dynamic feels more realistic and punch harder.

True, be-careful when getting DK-3001, as some people have fitting issue. I guess it cause by the cable. I replaced my DK-3001 cable (no memory wire), and it feels more comfortable, and I generally has no fitting issue. I use SpinFit for both Trio and DK-3001.

Here are pictures showing the cable that I use for Aurvana Trio and DK-3001, and the AliExpress links:

The cable I use for Trio:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...32839944018.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.mvFrvF

The cable I use for DK-3001:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...32781997750.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.e7SItW

As for the MMCX connection, I found the Trio cable to be very stable so far, while the cable I use for DK-3001 (2nd link), sometime has contact issue. But both cables are in general pretty good.

20180404_083717a.jpg

20180404_083853a.jpg

20180424_233413a.jpg

20180424_233433a.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #19 of 44
DK-3001 have greater illusion of space, so sounds more spacious than Trio. Mildly brighter, but not in the sense of analytic brightness, but in the way that it sounds more open and transparent. So mids and treble DK-3001 in my opinion is better, more open, spacious, with better sense of room acoustic. For the bass part, I think Trio is better, not by much, but better in the sense that the bass dynamic feels more realistic and punch harder.

True, be-careful when getting DK-3001, as some people have fitting issue. I guess it cause by the cable. I replaced my DK-3001 cable (no memory wire), and it feels more comfortable, and I generally has no fitting issue. I use SpinFit for both Trio and DK-3001.

Here are pictures showing the cable that I use for Aurvana Trio and DK-3001, and the AliExpress links:

The cable I use for Trio:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...32839944018.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.mvFrvF

The cable I use for DK-3001:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...32781997750.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.e7SItW

As for the MMCX connection, I found the Trio cable to be very stable so far, while the cable I use for DK-3001 (2nd link), sometime has contact issue. But both cables are in general pretty good.

Wow, thank you for the detailed response! =) I appreciate that, this is why I'm really a big fan of this forum, just great lads all arround. I'll probably have a look at the cable for Creatives. Call me crazy, but right now I'm actually really digging the Nightowls. They really remind me of the Creatives. Even the bass sounds very similar and their signature is similar as well, maybe more energy up to, which is probably resolved by the SpinTips you're using to increase the treble.

Maybe if you're looking for some decent over-ears with a smooth signature, nothing boosted you might wanna give the Nighowl Carbons a try!

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #20 of 44
Maybe if you're looking for some decent over-ears with a smooth signature, nothing boosted you might wanna give the Nighowl Carbons a try!

Definitely will give it a try when they are available in the local stores here in Singapore. Tx!

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #21 of 44
Jun 15, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #22 of 44
I just looked at them 2 days ago at $149 and here in the US that is the price but the code doesn't work so still the price is same. Only $50 off $199 to make it the normal selling price here unfortunately.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #24 of 44
Yep, for $100-ish I'd try one :)

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #26 of 44
Use discount coupon: TRIOFIFTY
For S$50.00 discount.
Thanks for the heads up, the code didn't work for me either on the UK site but it did give me the idea to try and find other codes... SUMMERSW30 works! Trying a few other combos however and I've found that SUMMERSW35 actually works too! So using this you'll get 35% off which means you can buy these for £84.49 and get a free Sound Blaster E1, which you could eBay for roughly £30, take away eBay fees / Paypal fees and you'd be left with ~25.24, take that off the £84.49 and you've paid £59.25.

30HEADPHONES also works, but this is only 30% and the editing trick didn't work. Plus you can only use one code.

Not bad though, getting £129.99 IEMs for roughly £59.25

Aug 19, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #27 of 44
Would people say these are neutral-warm with smooth frequency, like say similar tuning to Sennheiser HD650? I saw some graphs and they seemed to have a treble peak around 9khz - is this true? I'm very treble sensitive to peaks and I hope this isn't an issue.

Nov 30, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #30 of 44
Are there frequency measurements from the trio?
I have a brainwavz mmcx headset cable,
would that work for the trio? can the trio also be reversed over the ears?

does anyone know which ba driver creative installed? possibly cheap bellsing models from china?

thx
Jens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back