Creative Aurvana Live! vs Audio-technica ATH-T500
Jun 5, 2015 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AleksandrB

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I have heard only good stuff about the headphones mentioned above, I would like to buy one of them, but sincerely I cannot decide on which one.
Mainly I am looking for isolation and sound quality, I intend on using them in a more or less noisy office.

If you have any other opinions, up to 80$ - 100$ please do share it with me.

Thank you!

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 8
Greetings,

I have heard only good stuff about the headphones mentioned above, I would like to buy one of them, but sincerely I cannot decide on which one.
Mainly I am looking for isolation and sound quality, I intend on using them in a more or less noisy office.

If you have any other opinions, up to 80$ - 100$ please do share it with me.

Thank you!

The CAL sounds great but doesn't isolate well. Not sure about the T500s. Are IEMs out of the question? They have better isolation in general.

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 8
Hello. I possess both of them.

CAL!s
- awesome clear and balanced sound
- discomfort due to small cups
- not good for competitive gaming pursposes (quite annoying "hissy" sound)

T500s
- very similar sound to CAL!s with a bit more emphasis on bass, sound is more "robust"
- better construction than CAL!s
- better isolation
- more comfortable (but cups could be a bit larger also and also ears are quite sweating especially now in summer)
- great also for gaming (positioning with THX is great)

I'm using CALs in work and T500 at home. Listening to heavy/thrash metal. Both are great and you can't go wrong with either of them.

Budget wise I would go with CAL!s

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Thank you!
Well, budget is not a problem, for me isolation is important, I do not want to be disturbed by my colleagues and also do not want to disturb them when the music is loud.
I`ll go with the t500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back