Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #361 of 563
HM5 pads work very well with these . Takes the sound, isolation and comfort to another level. A must mod
I agree with this 100%.

May 6, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #363 of 563
Ordered the pads for 17$.

Hope it won't take long for them to reach Europe :)

Bought them from mp4nation

It took about 2 weeks to Sydney

May 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #365 of 563
HM5 pads work very well with these . Takes the sound, isolation and comfort to another level. A must mod

Absolutely. The difference is quite surprising. Less bloat, more comfortable with a lovely rich sound.

The pads I found were designed for StudioSpare M1000 headphones, which is essentially the same thing. They're oval so a bit of a stretch on one side, since the cups are round. However, they do go on although I couldn't get the lip of the pads into the groove - too big. So i stretched them right out onto the cups and made a little hole where the plug goes in.

The sound is WAY better.

May 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #367 of 563
May 19, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #368 of 563
Just received my HM5 pads!

They fit perfectly. The bass tightened up, and eliminated the bloat that was there before. They are big, so much more comfortable. 

Also, I think the soundstage widened a bit, since the pads are deeper.

Overall, a must have mod for 17$

May 23, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #370 of 563
just ordered my pair of HM5 pads...

But I'm still looking for velour pads for the CAL2!

Will the "Beyerdynamic EDT 250 V Velour Ear Pads" fit?
(http://www.thomann.de/at/beyerdynamic_dt_250_ohrpolster.htm)

or maybe the Shure 840 pads, because they fit on the HM5, so maybe they will also fit on the CAL2
(http://www.thomann.de/de/shure_ear_pads_for_srh_940.htm)

or is there a better option?

Ayone with velour pads on the CAL here?

I know that the sound might be influenced, but otherwise as soon as it's getting hot here in europe the next weeks, this might be a good option...

THANX

May 27, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #371 of 563
The Shure 840 pads would be a better fit than they beyer pads I would think. There has to be a little leeway with the pads because the cups are more rounded than oval shaped. It might be a good experiment for someone to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back