Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Jan 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #226 of 563
Guys I own for almost a year, the Creative Aurvana Live paid 50 €, you should buy according to the Aurvana Live 2 and pay more than twice? (119 €) ... is there really that much difference between the first and the second version?

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #227 of 563
  Guys I own for almost a year, the Creative Aurvana Live paid 50 €, you should buy according to the Aurvana Live 2 and pay more than twice? (119 €) ... is there really that much difference between the first and the second version?

I think it's worth it, huge improvement over the original pair. 

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #229 of 563
Less strident in the treble.
Deeper bass.
More prominent bass. (Some may call that a criticism)
Wide soundstage.
Cord is changeable.
More comfortable to wear for long periods.
Better build.

Apart from that, there's no difference.
wink_face.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #230 of 563
Hey all,

Would like some advice please.

I just got these headphones but cable is too short (connecting it from the back of my pc on floor through my Creative Z soundcard) and I have seperate mic/headphone connections so will need a splitter to use the included cable. What cable do you recommend I replace the one that came with it? I would preferably need something atleast 6-10 ft long. 

I was thinking of getting a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter then just getting a high quality 3.5mm cable off monoprice and get a seperate mic later.

Like these:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042909&p_id=7124&seq=1&format=2
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021812&p_id=5578&seq=1&format=2

OR

Get a Mic/Headphone splitter to extend the current inline cable.  Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Audio-Y-Cable-Splitter-Headphones-Extension-Cord-with-Mic-Volume-Control-/161090888351?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2581c3e29f

Whats your take for best audio quality? I don't care about the inline mic, I can always buy a cheap seperate mic cable later.

Many Thanks

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #231 of 563
I think I'm done with my modding my CAL 2 for now. 

List of mods.
- Aluminum alloy plate
- Added a magnet to the drivers.
- Dyna-mat on the baffle.
- Raised this thingy. I'm not sure if this made a difference, I did this the same time I installed the magnet.

Before.

- New cable, I finally found a sub-mini plug that fits.

There's still a few other things I want to do but I'm moving on to my HD600. 
For now I'm satisfy with the result. The bass is a little more controlled, highs are a little more detailed and vocals are more forward. The negative is, there's sibilance on some songs, but not enough to really bother me. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #232 of 563
I think I'm done with my modding my CAL 2 for now. 

List of mods.
- Aluminum alloy plate
- Added a magnet to the drivers.
- Dyna-mat on the baffle.
- Raised this thingy. I'm not sure if this made a difference, I did this the same time I installed the magnet.

Before.

- New cable, I finally found a sub-mini plug that fits.

There's still a few other things I want to do but I'm moving on to my HD600. 
For now I'm satisfy with the result. The bass is a little more controlled, highs are a little more detailed and vocals are more forward. The negative is, there's sibilance on some songs, but not enough to really bother me. 

Very nice rig picture!

Onto my main question...how do these compare to the M100's?

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #234 of 563
Very nice rig picture!

Onto my main question...how do these compare to the M100's?

Thank you.
The M100 is still the better sounding headphone imo. 

Where did you get that snazzy cable?

I made it. I'm not sure what kind of cable it is, I bought it on ebay the same day I bought the plug but the the guy sent me the wrong cable. He gave me a refund and told me to keep the cable. I've been using it for various little project with pretty good result.

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #236 of 563
my bet is on the CAL2 ... if i hv your money in my pocket 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #238 of 563
  Guys do you think should buy the Creative Aurvana Live 2 or spend 30/40 € more and buy Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm??
Sorry if I repeat it, but I did not have many opinions ...

CAL! 2. Cheaper and a better soundstage

Also, are there velour pads available that fit on these?

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #239 of 563
I would like to know who among the two sets of headphones has more performance regardless of the higher cost of the 770 pro.
Bass / mid / high top quality general ... well ...
If you say this ... the CAL 2 might be almost the ultimate closed headphone
blink.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #240 of 563
I got the CAL! 2 a while ago and I find it a little overrated, like almost every "miraculous bang-for-the-buck" piece of audio equipment that I've ever bought based on this site's recommendations.

It sounds quite nice (a little too dark and bass isn't tight enough). Build quality is surprisingly decent (Beyers are better), cable is tangle-free and attractive (though 90s-esque in-line volume control isn't). Also, they're quite pretty for a budget headphone.

If they were 100$ I'd say they were an incredible bargain - at 130$ it's slightly harder to recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back