Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Nov 10, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #16 of 563
Is the CAL! 2 "sweaty"??

It's my main headphone choosing issue... I need isolation + non-sweaty-ness of the headphone. I DID NOT get an answer regarding the question if enclosed non-cloth/velour headphones CAN or CANNOT be non-sweaty. I just can't understand how such material as leather can breathe, being isolating O_o.

To be clear, with the information I have I am choosing Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro because I was not proven yet another pads (leather, synthetic, etc) for enclosed pads can breathe to not get sweaty...

Thank you and sorry for the off-topic!

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #17 of 563
velors dun build up heat as fast as pleather..(pleather = fake leather, vinyl, PU..)

real leather dun build up heat as fast as pleather too.
(many qualities of real leather too, think of the many "leather" sofas out in the mkt, some leathers have some coatings on it :p )

if u tend to perspire MORE easily than the regular guys, then iems might be a better option.
or try to stay indoors for music sessions.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #18 of 563
  velors dun build up heat as fast as pleather..(pleather = fake leather, vinyl, PU..)

real leather dun build up heat as fast as pleather too.
(many qualities of real leather too, think of the many "leather" sofas out in the mkt, some leathers have some coatings on it :p )

if u tend to perspire MORE easily than the regular guys, then iems might be a better option.
or try to stay indoors for music sessions.

Thank you!

Trouble is I need portable isolated WINTER headphones :DDDD
See thread for details, if you wish: http://www.head-fi.org/t/689689/need-some-consultations-i-think-i-can-reserve-the-right-to-leave-the-thread-only-if-all-my-questions-are-answered-sorry

(the detail section is the second paragraph link)
Thank you again! :)

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #19 of 563
whether your ears get WET, or how fast they get wet.. is relative.
If u look at the VELOR closely, its got fine hairlike fibres,, allowing air/cool air to slip thru somewhat.
point is, u wont get WET as fast as say pleathers.

what i often do is...when i feel that i am about to drip perspiration,
i just pull the cups apart for a minute, let the cool air gush in...and get back into my music pronto.
 Go make a cuppa coffee...take a toilet break...Make sense..? :p

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #20 of 563
  whether your ears get WET, or how fast they get wet.. is relative.
If u look at the VELOR closely, its got fine hairlike fibres,, allowing air/cool air to slip thru somewhat.
point is, u wont get WET as fast as say pleathers.

what i often do is...when i feel that i am about to drip perspiration,
i just pull the cups apart for a minute, let the cool air gush in...and get back into my music pronto.
 Go make a cuppa coffee...take a toilet break...Make sense..? :p

Of course it does make sense, BUT i gave you the details section... I'm looking for OUTDOOR WINTER headset... I can't really let my nearly wet ears be exposed to like -15C temperature :DDD
Pleather, I got it, is worse than velour, because it can't breathe (true regarding hi-end?).
What about real leather. Do such earpads exist?

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #21 of 563
i posted to your thread...:p

i dunno the size of this new creative portable yet...need to wait for the guys to feedback in a few days/weeks' time.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #22 of 563
Good to see they increased the cup size because the CAL! cup is too small for larger ears. I rectified mine though by replacing the pads with Shure 840 pads. 840 pads fit a bit loose on the mounts but fixed that with a bit of electricians tape. Much more comfortable now. 

I'm interested in CAL2 depending on street price and reviews.

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #23 of 563
  Good to see they increased the cup size because the CAL! cup is too small for larger ears. I rectified mine though by replacing the pads with Shure 840 pads. 840 pads fit a bit loose on the mounts but fixed that with a bit of electricians tape. Much more comfortable now. 

I'm interested in CAL2 depending on street price and reviews.

My bro has the original aurvana live, i could probably do a comparison on cup size if that's something you would like to know? I wish creative has a Prime shipping option like amazon!!! :frowning2:

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #24 of 563
  well, u can take one for the company...get us a REVIEW asap ..handsome !! 
i like the RED color option too..what gears are u pairing with this new can?

Hey Lorspeaker, I'm not really an "audiophile" kindof guy, my gear is mainly my iphone 5 with spotify playing offline at 320kbit/s. What gear would you recommend if i would like to upgrade to something better? *n00b mode*

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #25 of 563
i am still at ipad/samsungfone level when i am out on the streets..load them with a few albums of wav files, thats it ..hehe.

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #27 of 563
  My bro has the original aurvana live, i could probably do a comparison on cup size if that's something you would like to know? I wish creative has a Prime shipping option like amazon!!! :frowning2:

That would be great, thanks. I have "larger" ears so cup size is of importance to me. I saw someone post here one day that CAL! cups are good, so long as you don't have adult size ears. and he is right. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #28 of 563
The CAL!2 have significantly larger cups than the CAL!1 and will be "around ear" for most people. So yes they will fit a lot more people. The pads are of a similar make as CAL!1 but they are also thicker now. The CAL!2s are lightweight (not much heavier than CAL!1), the headband is flatter and broader than the CAL!1's and it is very well padded.
CAL!2 are probably the most comfortable headphones ever made. When I wear them I can't really feel them - they "disappear".
CAL!2 are significantly larger than the CAL!1s so they are less portable but you can swivel the ear cups so they can be packed flat.
They are great phones and CAL!1 lovers can upgrade without hesitation. Only downside is, they are a bit expensive now. I am sure the price will drop soon once they can keep up with the worldwide demand.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #29 of 563
  The CAL!2 have significantly larger cups than the CAL!1 and will be "around ear" for most people. So yes they will fit a lot more people. The pads are of a similar make as CAL!1 but they are also thicker now. The CAL!2s are lightweight (not much heavier than CAL!1), the headband is flatter and broader than the CAL!1's and it is very well padded.
CAL!2 are probably the most comfortable headphones ever made. When I wear them I can't really feel them - they "disappear".
CAL!2 are significantly larger than the CAL!1s so they are less portable but you can swivel the ear cups so they can be packed flat.
They are great phones and CAL!1 lovers can upgrade without hesitation. Only downside is, they are a bit expensive now. I am sure the price will drop soon once they can keep up with the worldwide demand.

That increase in comfort definitely sounds great.  The original CAL! is one of my all time favorite headphones and luckily with my small ears I never had a problem with the cup size.  The maindrawbacks that I saw with them is that they felt pretty fragile in that the headband felt like it could break easily, and that the cable was very thin from what I remember.  Any comments on the build of the new CAL!2?  It definitely looks like it's stronger built, but is it as durable as say, M50s?  Also did the cable get thicker and more durable?  I'm very excited about the CAL!2, but just wondering if the improvement are worth it over the CAL!1, which sells for around 70 dollars average in the US.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #30 of 563

That increase in comfort definitely sounds great.  The original CAL! is one of my all time favorite headphones and luckily with my small ears I never had a problem with the cup size.  The maindrawbacks that I saw with them is that they felt pretty fragile in that the headband felt like it could break easily, and that the cable was very thin from what I remember.  Any comments on the build of the new CAL!2?  It definitely looks like it's stronger built, but is it as durable as say, M50s?  Also did the cable get thicker and more durable?  I'm very excited about the CAL!2, but just wondering if the improvement are worth it over the CAL!1, which sells for around 70 dollars average in the US.

The build of the CAL!2 is better. Better headband, more stable joints, cable is better but not great. It has a manual volume regulator built in which does not look very trustworthy. The cable is replaceable with any other cable, it uses a standard plug. All parts are plastic and it is more fragile than the the M50s.
Btw. CAL!1, modded, is one of my all time favorite headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back