Craft Ears Reviews/Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #46 of 345
Thanks for the share Toranku, much appreciated. Will post some info here just for quick reference. In summary, at its 745 EUR pre-order price, the Craft Six is a steal for those wanting a neutrally toned earphone with a balanced, slightly vocal enhanced signature and outstanding technical ability. It is slightly brighter through the midrange for my preferences and a touch thin in body, but with a powerful, extended sub-bass that grants the sound authority. You can see my measurements with varying insertion depth below which will simulate what one can achieve by changing their fit depth. I've been told the custom version will sound more like the deeper fitting measurement with further smoothing of peaks. I personally hear the C6 like the 2nd measurements as I get a very strong seal and deep fit depth with the included tips.

Craft Ears Craft 6 Universal.png
With nozzle of coupler attached, small Sedna ear tips. Also, note excellent channel balance!
Craft Ears Craft Six Verv 2.png
Nozzle removed, no tip, right earpiece, sealed with Blutak as close to mic as possible (diminished coupler resonance to simulate 2nd bend in the ear).

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not a professional here, but the Craft Ears team were happy for me to share these measurements. Of course, this alone tells just one part of the story. For subjective breakdown, I've posted up my review here on Head-fi too, happy listening!

The Craft Six seems almost to good too be true.

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #47 of 345
The Craft Six seems almost to good too be true.
That Craft 6 does really have a nice frequency target plus damping 6kHz harder do make sense for the studio guys who listen for hours and hours.

Constant 6kHz exposure of variable loudness causes damaging effects on eardrum and longer exposure can cause permanent damages like permanent tinnitus and hearing loss.
Mostly happens when the source is too loud. But still a nice step from Craftears.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #48 of 345
That Craft 6 does really have a nice frequency target plus damping 6kHz harder do make sense for the studio guys who listen for hours and hours.

Constant 6kHz exposure of variable loudness causes damaging effects on eardrum and longer exposure can cause permanent damages like permanent tinnitus and hearing loss.
Mostly happens when the source is too loud. But still a nice step from Craftears.

Sounds good. I wonder how they compare to more expensive iems.

Jun 2, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #49 of 345
Well, as per frequency target..

A Harman target which doesnt shout or get sibilant or hurts in longer lists in period while having last octave more than 64audio Tia(which is the highest already)

Compare it to U12t/A12t in frequency chart

For very specific sound impression and analysis of tone, timbre, PRaT and decay .... Its better to try

And wait for complete review from @ryanjsoo and other reviewers

Me excited too man

Even without discount, its still cheaper than most iem which provide this type of Frequency response target (except AKG N5005, because thats AKG and its not custom)

Moondrop VSDF(S8, A8, Blessing 2) always needs more subbass and rumble(200Hz cut) for my taste to actually stand out plus more smoother upperend.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #50 of 345
Sorry for the delay, I was about to answer your question a whole lotta time ealier :D

I've managed to do some comparisions, but with limited time I've put much more emphasis to just enjoy them as they were. I did make a small comparison to the Andros v3, but it was the first time I gave them a listen and it was like 30 minutes or so, so keep that in mind. Anyway, they do differ quite a bit. Tonally? CE Six > CA Andromeda for me. I really do know why Andros are still quite a benchmark of an IEM after all that time they're on the market, as they are truly outstanding as a all-BA IEMs. CE Six are smoother, denser, more musical with a bit more narrow, not so airy presentation. Andros feel sharper, faster, more dynamic and airy, with wider soundstage. Technically they may sound more detailed due to this, but what I like the most about Craft Ears Six is their pin-point accuracy, their non-fatiguing presentation, their smoothness, life-like cymbals, that thumpy bass and denser, sweeter midrange.
The Six may not throw you to your knees right out of the box. They rather make that "Oh my" effect after a while. They tend to be quite picky when it comes to some certain tracks and sound just ok, but when you hit that sweet spot... Some serious s**t is happening :D I do hope to get a pair for a review in a near future because I'd love to check them out with some different cables :)

Jun 15, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #51 of 345
As per frequency response chart and review by @ryanjsoo , initial @Vaiet and this recent post by him

Does Andro even fights the competition here
LuL

This is targeting the likes 64audio U12T/A12t, Sony IER Z1R etc

Thats my impression after going through frequency charts of the iem mentioned and craft6

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #52 of 345
As per frequency response chart and review by @ryanjsoo , initial @Vaiet and this recent post by him

Does Andro even fights the competition here
LuL

This is targeting the likes 64audio U12T/A12t, Sony IER Z1R etc

Thats my impression after going through frequency charts of the iem mentioned and craft6
Some might find Andros more detailed transparent and revealing. CE6 are thicker and denser, quite a bit slower than fast Andros. The notes in CE6 are also bigger and there is not as much air between them as there is in Andros. It really is about preferences and most of all, Andros do make quite a "wow" effect at the beginning while CE6 might not as they need a bit of time to show their strenghts. And I wouldn't be surprised if some would find CE6 a bit too smooth in the upper treble or too dense in the lower midrange. I myself find them very enjoyable, musical and non-fatiguing but I guess that might also come from the fact that the early unit I've had has been paired with a different cable than the stock one. Anyway, as soon as I finish my CE Four review, I'll be picking up the Six for some more in-depth testing and hopefully I'll get to pair them with some other cables.

There is also this one thing that should be put into consideration. Andros shells for example are made through machine operation while Craft Ears/Jed while can print some shells from 3D printer, still makes a lot of work by his own hands even in universal models. That does make it's impact on the final price, but let's be honest - even in UIEM option you get a taste of CIEM world and that's something which is still quite unique.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #53 of 345
Some might find Andros more detailed transparent and revealing. CE6 are thicker and denser, quite a bit slower than fast Andros. The notes in CE6 are also bigger and there is not as much air between them as there is in Andros. It really is about preferences and most of all, Andros do make quite a "wow" effect at the beginning while CE6 might not as they need a bit of time to show their strenghts.

There is also this one thing that should be put into consideration. Andros shells for example are made through machine operation while Craft Ears/Jed while can print some shells from 3D printer, still makes a lot of work by his own hands even in universal models. That does make it's impact on the final price, but let's be honest - even in UIEM option you get a taste of CIEM world and that's something which is still quite unique.

Apologies if you stated before, but did you test a custom Vaiet? I definitely find the CE6 to be a lighter sound than the Andro, definitely not in the treble where the Andro is universally more aggressive with more emphasized sparkled. However, it certainly has less note body in both the bass and midrange, in turn, higher separation and definition. Sub-bass extension is immediately a lot better which may obscure this aspect in the bass, increased sub-bass can reduce separation, but here I found the CE6 providing a more linear and defined mid-bass too. I have heard the custom variant smooths the treble a bit which could certainly provide a fuller, smoother sound - just curiosity here.

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #54 of 345
Apologies if you stated before, but did you test a custom Vaiet? I definitely find the CE6 to be a lighter sound than the Andro, definitely not in the treble where the Andro is universally more aggressive with more emphasized sparkled. However, it certainly has less note body in both the bass and midrange, in turn, higher separation and definition. Sub-bass extension is immediately a lot better which may obscure this aspect in the bass, increased sub-bass can reduce separation, but here I found the CE6 providing a more linear and defined mid-bass too. I have heard the custom variant smooths the treble a bit which could certainly provide a fuller, smoother sound - just curiosity here.
Sadly, no. I've had an early UIEM version paired with Rhapsodio OCC Mk2 cable which sounded very, very similar to Effect Audio Ares II. Maybe Jed made some minor tweaks regarding my early impressions I've personally wrote to him. Guess I'll need to catch him later and ask about it. Anyway, maybe it will be possible for me to test universal and custom model at the same time and make some comparisions. Maybe the cable makes a greater impact on their sound? Gotta find out :D

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #55 of 345
Sadly, no. I've had an early UIEM version paired with Rhapsodio OCC Mk2 cable which sounded very, very similar to Effect Audio Ares II. Maybe Jed made some minor tweaks regarding my early impressions I've personally wrote to him. Guess I'll need to catch him later and ask about it. Anyway, maybe it will be possible for me to test universal and custom model at the same time and make some comparisions. Maybe the cable makes a greater impact on their sound? Gotta find out :D
Flat impedance is less effected by cable my friend
I guess the guy, Jed wanted the iem to sound consistent all across the board

But about andromeda

Its thick but the 8kHz peak in response causes deception
And that too a big one.

It is so powerful that it shift the tonality to lighter side but if we just compare andro mids

Then bro, andro is thicc buoy because I have tried it in multiple occasion with songs having least treble and sometime straight vocals

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #57 of 345
Just dropping by to let you all know how much I enjoyed my time with the Craft Ears Six.
Really something special to my ears. A brilliant job for a fair price :thumbsup:

My review should come up by the end of the week.

Jul 1, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #58 of 345

Users who are viewing this thread

Back