Craft Ears Reviews/Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2020 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 343

ryanjsoo

Reviewer for The Headphone List
ryanjsoo's Reviews
Craft Ears are a new CIEM manufacturer spearheaded by Jedrzej, a drummer, music composer, and producer from Poland. The company has been in the works for 2 years with the goal of creating the best sounding and most comfortable CIEMS for musicians and audiophiles alike. Craft Ears are a well-known name on musical stages over Europe and are focussing on their presence in the audiophile community. Jed utilises Sonion balanced armature drivers with custom sound chambers and offers full graphics personalization enabled by his adoption of DLP 3D printing to create shells. He has some very unique designs built to an immaculate finish. All CIEMs are covered by a 60-day fit warranty, 2-year warranty on components and life-time support. He is working alongside top engineers to deliver cutting-edge acoustical developments. I recently received the Craft FOUR for review and it shows great promise, impressions below with a full review coming soon!

Instagram: Here
Facebook: Here

Argentum

IMG_1899_Edit_NB_914e92a0ee.png

Argentum is one of our sibling models of the Genesis series created with "less is more" philosophy in mind. We put quality above quantity which isn't popular in mid range models. Precise implementation of one unique dynamic driver and carefully selected two balanced armatures from Sonion help us achieve sound quality above the price of Craft Ears Argentum.

Craft Ears Argentum is the evolution of our multiple times awarded Craft Four you loved so much! It is our second hybrid design from the Genesis lineup. Sound presents extended and defined sub-bass with a visceral impact, clear and well-textured midrange, and treble tuned to be as transparent as possible for a unique detail experience. Craft Ears Argentum features a dynamic, precise soundstage and imaging that can really do magic.

For low-end and lower mids, we have decided to go with a 10mm Carbon dynamic driver. It provides a faster, deeper, and more controlled bass with a more exciting signature. The sub-bass is incredibly extended. We have redesigned drivers and crossovers from our bestseller - FOUR - to make mids less sharp and increase detail reproduction, providing natural tonality. Super-Tweeter connected with carefully calculated horn structure provides clean and refined treble with adequate brightness and great soundstage.

The Craft Ears Argentum represents outstanding value. It is fun, but still a reference, musical earphones with punchy, extended low end, neutral, rounded mids, and precise highs.

Reviews:
Coming soon....

Craft Six
1588782678_IMG_4304.jpg

The Craft SIX, creates the perfect balance - audiophile neutral and smooth sound with excellent dynamics and lifelike imaging. Featuring six drivers: Dual Sub-Low, Dual Low-Mid, Single Mid-High, and One Super-Tweeter, along with our proprietary RASEN Bass, True Load, and SES technologies.

Our six-driver earphone was designed to deliver neutral sound, with perfect balance, redefined low frequencies, and smooth but detailed trebles. Clear, big sounding, lifelike bass meets full-body and organic mids, all completed by smooth, extended, detailed but never harsh highs. The highest resolution, extreme depth, very wide soundstage, and surprising dynamics is something that makes our C6 model stand out.

C6 delivers Reference and Natural sound with highest calculations done to fully control Frequency Response and Cumulative Spectral Decay (first time in the IEM industry)

RASEN Bass ™ (Reference Acoustic Spiral Enhanced Bass) - Patent-pending solution, precisely calculated and designed 3D printed structure, that creates low-end notes as realistic as a true subwoofer.

True Load ™ - Extremely flat Impedance and Phase.

SES™ (Space Expanse System) - Our very own field-specific, 3D printed, horn-loaded tweeter which was tuned in a very particular bandwidth.

Reviews:
First Impressions - @Vaiet
Everyday Listening - @ryanjsoo
Head-fi - @toranku
Twister6 - @Animagus

Craft Ears Aurum

IMG_1882_Edit_NB_abbdc80c89.png

Craft Ears Aurum is the pinnacle of our work till now and the highlight of the Genesis Series. It’s flagship model so there couldn’t be a better name than “aurum”, which means “gold”. Especially, as characteristics of this element, like natural shine, were our inspiration to create Aurum’s exclusive design and sound signature.
Aurum is our first tribrid model equipped with a specially ordered dynamic driver, four carefully selected armature drivers, and two Sonion electrostatic drivers. Our proprietary technologies make it possible to set new standards for IEMs with three different types of drivers. Thanks to that Aurum provides exceptional extension on both ends, excellent coherency, a huge soundstage, precise imaging, and remarkable detail retrieval, yet sound always is natural, smooth, and well-balanced. Meet the Genesis of immaculate sound.

Craft Ears always want to push the boundaries further to get the best sound possible. Our goal is to create something new and fresh. Aurum is our first tribrid IEM released as we believed that three different types of drivers allow us to create extraordinary and strongly technical sound, yet with great timbre and tonal balance.

Craft Ears Aurum is well-balanced IEM with great tonality and jaw-dropping extension on both ends. Its foundations are very deep and visceral, yet precise sub-bass and controlled, textured and impactful midbass. Each lower note is delivered with great attack and send of power, but never overshadows other frequencies. Mids are neutral and very detailed, yet have a good body and are smooth. Thanks to that, vocals could shine and easily reproduce an artist's emotions.

Highs are part of Aurum's sound we are especially proud of. Very detailed, yet smooth with good reproduction of cymbals. The extension could be compared with much more expensive IEM. It leads to a very airy presentation and great soundstage width. Aurum provides a sense of depth, precise imaging, and holographic feel with strong channel separation. Our flagship is a perfect mix of technicalities, naturalness, and musicality.

The exceptional sound of Craft Ears Aurum is possible not only thanks to carefully selected drivers but also our own technologies.

We decided to go with a 10 mm PEN Dynamic Driver that works as a true subwoofer. It provides clear, fast, and full, but not overwhelming sub-bass. Lightweight yet stiff PEN diaphragm coupled with N35 magnet makes lows unmatchable - accurate dynamics and exquisite sound quality all at the same time.

Four Balanced drivers with carefully chosen five-way electrical crossover are responsible for mids and highs, making them defined with remarkably natural voicing and timbre with minimal sharpness. The Dual Electrostatic driver is the icing on the cake, which gives an exceptional sense of ultra highs.

We also improved, the beloved by you in Craft Six, SES™ (Space Expanse System) technology. We have tuned it, especially for electrostatic drivers inventing patent-pending SES™ 2.0, our very own field-specific, 3D printed, horn-loaded tweeter. We have reached the EST driver's loudness and expansion never seen before, maintaining its speed and softness. Now the last octave is exceptionally clean and refined as it was never in the past.

Craft Ears Aurum also features our True LoadTM technology. It ensures extremely flat Impedance and Phase, which helps in achieving great coherency between three different types of drivers.

Reviews:
Ear Fidelity - @rev92
Everday Listening - @ryanjsoo
Head-Fi - @Beh0lder

Craft Ears The One
removal_ai_51669f1b_c5e7_49ec_a2e5_2b63df4c353e_img_2167_edit_db6700b5a7.png

Craft Ears ‘The One’ isn't just another IEM, it's an experience. Whether you're an existing Craft Ears aficionado or a newcomer, 'The One' promises a unique auditory journey, harmoniously complementing other models in the Craft Ears family

A groundbreaking 14mm planar driver that guarantees impeccable clarity and robust sound.
The custom-tuned back vent cavity, 3D printed tuned front cavity, and a boreless design. The future of ear monitor technology is wrapped into one exquisite package.

Bass: Stronger, punchier, and more present than ever, controlled to perfection.
Mid-range: Dive deep into a technical, yet natural, and neutral sound, making it ideal for all genres.
Treble: Energetic, detailed, and full of life - redefining clarity in sound!

Prepare to be blown away by one of the largest sound stages ever experienced in IEMs. Airy, clean, and detailed, it's the VR sound you've been dreaming of.

Reviews:
Ear Fidelity - @rev92

Craft Ears Omnium

IMG_2293_Edit_removebg_preview_18163198d5.png

Introducing the Omnium, the new flagship in-ear monitor from Craft Ears, designed for both professional musicians and discerning audiophiles. The Omnium represents the pinnacle of audio engineering, delivering unparalleled sound quality and craftsmanship.

The Omnium features a unique and advanced driver setup, ensuring a full-range and balanced sound signature. A single 9.2mm LSR dynamic driver is dedicated to producing deep and impactful bass, while a 10mm planar driver ensures the mids are articulate and natural. High-mids are handled by one balanced armature, with two additional balanced armatures for the highs and another two for the super-highs. This configuration ensures every detail in your music is captured and reproduced precisely.

The Omnium utilizes a tubeless design with custom-tuned acoustic chambers and resonators. This, combined with the innovative SES 3.0 (Space Expanse System) and True Load (Flat Impedance) technology, guarantees a wide soundstage and consistent performance across different devices.

The earphones are constructed with the 3D-printed body, incorporating special waveguides to optimize sound delivery. The faceplates are a work of art, available in an 18k gold-plated mirror-like finish in a unique over-edge design with a carbon fiber insert.

The Omnium stands out in the crowded in-ear monitor market with its unique driver configuration, high-end design, and exceptional sound signature. The quality of the included cable further enhances the listening experience, making the Omnium a must-have for audio enthusiasts.

Craft Ears is a leader in the design and manufacture of professional in-ear monitors, delivering products that meet the exacting standards of musicians and audio enthusiasts around the world. With a commitment to innovation, quality, and customer satisfaction, Craft Ears continues to push the boundaries of audio excellence.

Reviews:
Ear Fidelity - @rev92

Legacy Models

Craft TWO

The Craft TWO model delivers a warm and balanced sound. Featuring dual drivers with both - electrical and acoustical crossover design for even bigger joy of listening.

Our dual-driver earphone was designed to deliver neutral and balanced sound with slightly improved bass response. Detailed, but soft high frequencies makes Craft TWO very versatile In-Ear Monitor.

Craft TWO is recommended for guitarists and vocalists, but will also fit orchestral musicians and everyone that enjoys warm and soft sound.

Reviews:
Coming soon...

Craft FOUR

The Craft FOUR was designed for musicians, by musicians. Featuring dual (sub)woofer, single mid driver and single super tweeter drivers and four-way, complex crossover with three-way acoustical bore design.

Craft FOUR is a bright sounding monitor, that delivers punchy, but precise lows, and detailed highs with wide imaging and soundstage. Remarkable relation between on-stage and studio use.

Craft FOUR is recommended for drummers and bass players, but will also fit keyboardists and everyone that enjoys bright signature with a little more lo end.

Reviews:
Craft Four - @toranku
Prime Audio - @crabdog
Earphonia - @sonickarma
Headfonia - @Mightygrey

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 343
Craft Ears are a new CIEM manufacturer spearheaded by Jedrzej, a drummer, music composer, and producer from Poland. The company has been in the works for 2 years with the goal of creating the best sounding and most comfortable CIEMS for musicians and audiophiles alike. Craft Ears are a well-known name on musical stages over Europe and are focussing on their presence in the audiophile community. Jed utilises Sonion balanced armature drivers with custom sound chambers and offers full graphics personalization enabled by his adoption of DLP 3D printing to create shells. He has some very unique designs built to an immaculate finish. All CIEMs are covered by a 60-day fit warranty, 2-year warranty on components and life-time support. He is working alongside top engineers to deliver cutting-edge acoustical developments. I recently received the Craft FOUR for review and it shows great promise, impressions below with a full review coming soon!

Instagram: Here
Facebook: Here

Craft TWO
1563187809_CraftEars-sesjatestowa-0008.jpeg

The Craft TWO model delivers a warm and balanced sound. Featuring dual drivers with both - electrical and acoustical crossover design for even bigger joy of listening.

Our dual-driver earphone was designed to deliver neutral and balanced sound with slightly improved bass response. Detailed, but soft high frequencies makes Craft TWO very versatile In-Ear Monitor.

Craft TWO is recommended for guitarists and vocalists, but will also fit orchestral musicians and everyone that enjoys warm and soft sound.

Reviews:

Craft FOUR
1563188221_CanonEOS5DMarkIII_053023000242__5_M13522.jpeg

The Craft FOUR was designed for musicians, by musicians. Featuring dual (sub)woofer, single mid driver and single super tweeter drivers and four-way, complex crossover with three-way acoustical bore design.

Craft FOUR is a bright sounding monitor, that delivers punchy, but precise lows, and detailed highs with wide imaging and soundstage. Remarkable relation between on-stage and studio use.

Craft FOUR is recommended for drummers and bass players, but will also fit keyboardists and everyone that enjoys bright signature with a little more lo end.

Impressions:

The Craft Four is an earphone that tickles the ear with a signature that sounds euphonic and balanced. This is a musical sound, lightly warm through the low-end and slightly forward through the midrange. Meanwhile, the high-end is defined by a 10KHz emphasis while upholding a background that finds a happy medium between openness and cleanliness. Under scrutiny, the Craft Four delivers the background detail and top-end extension only found on high-end IEM’s, however, it does so subtly with a natural upper-treble and smooth but not detail deficient lower-treble. Bass extension impresses and the Craft Four possesses natural decay and low-end power that many BA earphones fall short of while retaining control and detail retrieval.

Mid-bass has slight emphasis, instigating a lightly warm tone before a natural slope into a lower-midrange that’s just a hair recessed. Vocal timbre is excellent and this is showcased front with the centre midrange seeing moderate wide-band emphasis. As the bass is lightly warm, the Craft Four’s slightly enlarged vocals remain well-bodied and avoid rasp and over-articulation due to lower-treble attenuation. This enables the ability to retain 4KHz presence and strong upper-midrange extension, a presentation reminiscent of the formidable Fibae 7. Altogether, the Craft Four is an earphone that is clear yet clean and refined with moderate brightness well counterbalanced by tasteful warmth and body. Full Article.

Reviews:

Coming Soon!
Thank you Ryan!

I should be receiving review units as well. Can't waittt
You will get your CIEMs very soon :)

Craft Ears Stay updated on Craft Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/craftears https://www.instagram.com/craft.ears/ https://www.craftears.com/
Jan 15, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 343
Here I am with mine :D After a year-long journey with CA Ei.XX I tought my adventure with CIEMs has come to an end but was wrong. Oh how I was wrong :D The moment I saw few of Jedrzej's demos he carried along with himself at last years Audio Video Show in Warsaw, I instantly fell in love with the design just as much as I liked Jed himself. But this is a CIEMs thread :D

@ryanjsoo I've read your impressions yesterday and I feel exactly the same about Four's. I was instantly struck with their balanced, coherent sound and moist of all that wide and well organised soundstage which I definietely did not expect not only from 4-driver BA earphones, but CIEMs too. Second thing that got me off-guard was extremely well defined and definietely not overdone mids which sound for my taste balanced with that tiny drop in lower part which scoops a bit of meatiness and weight but retains power and energy. The treble? Loved it. Clean, spacious, very natural without harshness. Bass mainly depends on the source but it's great how much they show the signature of DAP. Will be writing a review too.

P.S. They are KILLER when it comes to looks. I told Jed what I liked, and he went beyond my expectations with creating those stunning beauties :)

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 343
Here I am with mine :D After a year-long journey with CA Ei.XX I tought my adventure with CIEMs has come to an end but was wrong. Oh how I was wrong :D The moment I saw few of Jedrzej's demos he carried along with himself at last years Audio Video Show in Warsaw, I instantly fell in love with the design just as much as I liked Jed himself. But this is a CIEMs thread :D

@ryanjsoo I've read your impressions yesterday and I feel exactly the same about Four's. I was instantly struck with their balanced, coherent sound and moist of all that wide and well organised soundstage which I definietely did not expect not only from 4-driver BA earphones, but CIEMs too. Second thing that got me off-guard was extremely well defined and definietely not overdone mids which sound for my taste balanced with that tiny drop in lower part which scoops a bit of meatiness and weight but retains power and energy. The treble? Loved it. Clean, spacious, very natural without harshness. Bass mainly depends on the source but it's great how much they show the signature of DAP. Will be writing a review too.

P.S. They are KILLER when it comes to looks. I told Jed what I liked, and he went beyond my expectations with creating those stunning beauties :)

Glad you liked them mate! The thing about Jed's designs, you're always jealous even when yours are jealous worthy haha, that swirl turned out amazing!

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 343
Aaaand I'm back with something that stole my heart. As everybody know, PlasticOne cables are... just are. I'm not really a fan of them so when I got a test sample of Satin Audio Theia 8wire I had to try this combo out and the results were... STAGGERING. Warmer, denser, more musical but still spacious, balanced and natural sounding without sacrificing their technical capabilities. I went through Negura Bunget, Massive Attack, Rivers of Nihil, Phil Collins, Opeth... They nailed it every damn time. I liked my Fours very much before... Now I am madly in love with them. <3

IMG_20200125_201303.jpg.9b2639af7c030e7f7edb8f6824f46d73.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 343
Aaaand I'm back with something that stole my heart. As everybody know, PlasticOne cables are... just are. I'm not really a fan of them so when I got a test sample of Satin Audio Theia 8wire I had to try this combo out and the results were... STAGGERING. Warmer, denser, more musical but still spacious, balanced and natural sounding without sacrificing their technical capabilities. I went through Negura Bunget, Massive Attack, Rivers of Nihil, Phil Collins, Opeth... They nailed it every damn time. I liked my Fours very much before... Now I am madly in love with them. <3

Ghost reveries is an album that changed my whole perspective on metal. Genius album.

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #11 of 343
20200123_152045.jpg

Some thoughts to accompany...

When I first got them the craft4 in custom form had this nasty resonant peak way above the 10khz mark (not exactly sure where). The universal did not exhibit this issue. Let a few friends try my ciem out and they reported no such issues. Fast forward a few days later my brain burned in and the treble intensity was drastically reduced.

In terms of its sound quality, these are definitely v-shaped! They are more bright than bassy/warm. I'd still say the midrange still retains a good level of tonal balance. Bass is boosted but yet kept tight and well defined. The midbass is the focus point of the bass here - articulate and tight. The subbass rolls off a bit to my ears though. Treble is also lifted and cymbals lean on the thinner side of things. I do have to say though, the midrange does sound unfocused/blurry. Not a pinna gain thing, but I am guessing it's more of the balance act as a v-shape and induced by its overall tone.

The highlight of these since day 1 is the soundstage and imaging. I find that the UIEM demo can't capture this as well as the CIEM. Instruments are panned wide and the recession in the midrange creates a sense of depth. Daft Punk's "Lose Yourself to Dance" is imaged very well here. There's a synth that goes "Come on, come on, come on..." that pans around you and the imaging on the craft4 captured that precisely.

Funnily enough these are good for gaming and movies as well :p

Last edited:
Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Feb 10, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #12 of 343
Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Feb 17, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #13 of 343
@Vaiet @toranku @Jedrula1 @ryanjsoo
@crabdog
What if I say

Cables are effecting Craft 4 sound...
Well... But its more about output impedance..

The lower the output impedance of cable is... The more tighter and dense the sound is.

Normally cable doesn't effect the sound. But since I have Craft 4 too.. I should suggest to shift on higher wire count thick braided cables.

This thing fixes harshness(kind off) and make bass tighter.

The electrical parameter of iem is seriously designed to scale.
(I am on penon Draco)

I am not a cable believer but it effects on very micro level.

For actual sheer limit of stage, here what you guys do. This iem was designed by genius Craftsman called Jedrez who made the iem impedance go down instead of rise like normal BA iem..

So this iem hissing is different and is not super picky and if it picks noise...its soft.

So, get a good DAC(DIY PCM1794x2) and good amplifier ((DIY AGDR dual CMOY)(zero ohm output impedance and more power than O2 while remaining cleaner in specs))

Simple line review

Craft 4 has one of the biggest stage I have heard for an iem. Put clean power into it. DAPs won't do. You need seriously clean power to make it shine

Its not a flat reference tuning but a tuning to enjoy the music.

You want to hear Craft 4 legendary stage

Go listen to Yosi Horikawa Tracks
Or

Sidewalk by The weekend and Kendrick lamar

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #14 of 343
The CE4 are both cable and source sensitive. That's just like the first thing I've noticed after swapping the stock cable for EA Ares II from my EE Vantage. Not gonna post here everything I've found so far but ever since I've paired CE4 with Satin Audio Theia 8wire they became my faves even though the lower highs became a little bit too smooth even for my taste on some tracks. Yet they maintained their amazing soundstage, separation and dynamics. The midrange is to die for and I simply fell in love with them.

I could go on and on how amazing they can be after upgrading the cable and with proper source, but who would have listened? :D

Feb 26, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #15 of 343
The CE4 are both cable and source sensitive. That's just like the first thing I've noticed after swapping the stock cable for EA Ares II from my EE Vantage. Not gonna post here everything I've found so far but ever since I've paired CE4 with Satin Audio Theia 8wire they became my faves even though the lower highs became a little bit too smooth even for my taste on some tracks. Yet they maintained their amazing soundstage, separation and dynamics. The midrange is to die for and I simply fell in love with them.

I could go on and on how amazing they can be after upgrading the cable and with proper source, but who would have listened? :D
I was able to find why it is getting affected by cable. The main reason is how it takes in energy(impedance curve). Its a down falling impedance curve and the moment power Is supplied to iem through cable, the down falling impedance makes the bass region suck more energy(the reason for that impedance was to reduce hiss). This energy curve might make bass sound on the tone of amplifier, as bass and treble are most revealing about source. And upgrading from plastic one now make sense. The thicker and more braid cable can transfer energy better.

Now swap the cable back to plastic one and use THX AAA amp on gain 1 and slight up the knob. You will feel the same thing.

So its all about energy transfer function..

Second thing why cable effect the Craft 4 is crosstalk. @Jedrula1 tuned Craft 4 in such a way that its upper mid is most revealing while spaced well in space.

And bass is super tight control. Even faster than iem having quad woofer.

So, crosstalk can affect super tight controlled iem. And @piotrus-g from custom art once did a cable cross talk experiment, which showed cable mostly effect the crosstalk. Other parameter like material of cable and cable spec doesnt really matter as impedance, inductance and capacitance is very low for wire.
Skin effect and sheilding and the way of design of cable is important

Cable

- more core In braid and thicker core effect energy transfer function and maximum watt ability to be varied over(headroom)

- proper designed cable lower Crosstalk and that helps in overall distortion..

@Vaiet you have reached for the best combo on Craft4.

Now what you need is amp(super low noise) or THX789/887

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back