Cracking sound on headphones.
May 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Fish Aficionado

New Head-Fier
Hey guys.

A month ago I bought a Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset, I'm aware that by your standards these are bad but I was looking for something with a decent sound and a mic, and some reviews made me chose those.  Well, they started out good with a clear sound but now they have a nasty cracking noise whenever certain sounds are played. I reinstalled drivers and tested them on another computer and nothing, it's the same thing. What could be happening here?

Thanks in advance.

May 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 17
Are you connecting your headset to the USB3 port? try the USB2. 

May 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:
I'm using the USB 2.0 port. Is it possible for a faulty port to cause this?

I don't think so. I have seen a number of users having a similar problem to this. 

Try this..let me know if it works. 

May 14, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #10 of 17
Tried it, didn't work. Probably there's something broken inside. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you take them off your head, unplug them, and shake them (don't go nuts), do they rattle?

Anyways, once you get it sorted, I'd look at just getting whatever stereo headphones you want, and adding a mic; ModMic is a popular choice, as is the old-standby, the Zalman clip mic.

May 14, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #11 of 17
May 14, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 17
Getting those Sennheisers then. Also according to some Amazon reviews the Antlions are pretty good and the modmic website says they'll be available on Amazon by May 15th -16th for almost 33$. And I guess I'll try taking these apart to see if I can find anything there.

Thanks a bunch for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back