Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!
Nov 11, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #691 of 789
Just picked up a Sony XBA-A3 and I want to know if it will benefit from the Aegis or Astrapi. I usually listen at high volumes and I find I get close to max on my iPhone 6+

I'm not looking to change the sound signature drastically. I'm just looking to use the a3's to their full potential while keeping my daily carry light and portable. I tested the a3's with the AK Jr. I could tell there was an improvement in the soundstage and this is what I'm looking for with the iPhone. I don't really want to carry another device so something small like the Cozoys look ideal.

Any advice?

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #692 of 789
Just picked up a Sony XBA-A3 and I want to know if it will benefit from the Aegis or Astrapi. I usually listen at high volumes and I find I get close to max on my iPhone 6+

I'm not looking to change the sound signature drastically. I'm just looking to use the a3's to their full potential while keeping my daily carry light and portable. I tested the a3's with the AK Jr. I could tell there was an improvement in the soundstage and this is what I'm looking for with the iPhone. I don't really want to carry another device so something small like the Cozoys look ideal.

Any advice?

ive had sony xba a2 and yes they will benefit from cozoy aegis quiet a bit. i dont listen without cozoy aegis anymore.
it sounds way more detailed than iphone and you will get much louder volume because its twice ohm of iphone. it has slightly less bass than iphone it seems you like bass, but i prefer to use cozoy rather than iphone.

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #697 of 789
Ipod Touch 6G 128GB using flacplayer, kaisertone and relisten apps.

Dita-The Truth and ATH-CK10 in ears.

With Dita, try the relisten app... =) (Oh you mentioned it!)
tongue.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #701 of 789

Unboxing.

Interesting in that it doesnt seem to downsample hi res tracks. Is it 24 or 16 though?

I was surprised at what this little unit can do.
More later.

I tried flacplayer and kaisertone apps.

Relisten has a free trial version at the moment also.

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #702 of 789

Interesting in that it doesnt seem to downsample hi res tracks. Is it 24 or 16 though?

It shouldn't downsample as it is perfectly capable up to 24/192.

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #703 of 789
Usually these made for ipod or iphone dac/amps always advertise that they do 24/96 or 24/192 or whatever but 95% or more actually only do 16/44 or 16/48.

This is quite surprising. Usually one needs a CCK for this type of result.

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #704 of 789
Usually these made for ipod or iphone dac/amps always advertise that they do 24/96 or 24/192 or whatever but 95% or more actually only do 16/44 or 16/48.

This is quite surprising. Usually one needs a CCK for this type of result.

Some of them advertise the DAC is 24bit capable - but what they didn't tell you is that the USB receiver (which sits between the iDevice and DAC chip) only do up to 24/96 (mostly because it is USB Class 1 max for greater compatibility). Then of course, iPod doesn't output anything beyond 16/48 anyway and iPhonw, till recently, is still stuck with 16/48 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back