1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by djscope, Aug 1, 2015.
First

Back
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Next

Last
  1. nmatheis Contributor
    I use my iPhone 5s hard and never get anywhere close to 20 hours out of it Brooko. Are you actually getting 20 hours of real-world use out of your iPhone 5s? If so, PM me your secrets ASAP!

2. Brooko Contributor
    May depend on what else you are running

Here is what did.  Using Kaisertone - with Aegis - from 100% charge.  Queued music at work (turned off ringer and ignored calls) - pressed play, and kept it running.  I think I might have been using the 2000Js.  Was a while ago.  At around 4 hr I got the 20% warning, about 40 minutes later it was 4-5% so I recharged.

Repeated next day with Kaisertone - no amp.  At 5 hour mark - iPhone was still at 73%.  So I extrapolated it out - should give ~ 20 hours.

Remember though - this was screen off, no bluetooth or wifi messing things up.  Just wanted to see the power draw on the Aegis alone.

3. NZtechfreak
    As I said in my post, depends on the user's priorities. I think the two sides here exemplify that nicely. Brooko wants to use it with his phone, while still having a phone with enough battery to be suitable for that task, HBB and nmatheis are pretty heavily adapted to look after their battery one way or another and so the drain is manageable for them. Brooko would clearly be better off with something like the HA-2/GOV2+ and compromise on form factor, HBB and nmatheis are clearly well-adapted to enjoy the form factor the Aegis affords. Don't think either way is right or wrong, just different priorities.

Brooko and Hawaiibadboy like this.
  4. nmatheis Contributor
    Thanks for the very clear explanation Brooko.

And very well said NZtechfreak.

There's always room for different use cases and opinions.

5. Brooko Contributor
    What would you guys say as a suggestion to Cozoy ......

Option 1 -
    Halve the power output, halve the battery drain, double the usable life.

or Option 2 -
    Add a selectable gain to do "Option 1" on demand

If you could do this without compromising SQ, I'd think it would be pretty good!

landroni likes this.
  6. NZtechfreak

If possible option 2, surely? I like options :)

7. nmatheis Contributor
    Option 2 Brooko. A Low Gain option would be great. I think Alex already suggested this to Cozoy, but it could certainly bear repeating.

BTW, if people are looking for a battery-free DAC/Amp with less power draw and less fidgety volume control, check out the Calyx PaT. Sure, it's not as resolving as Aegis and has transport controls that don't work with Android, but it sounds good, is relatively inexpensive, is easier on battery life, and has bonus transport controls for iDevice users. It's a good bang for your buck option in this category IMHO.

Brooko and landroni like this.
  8. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

Option 2

9. BucketInABucket
    I personally get roughly 4-5 hours on my LG G4 with the Aegis and Flare Audio R2Pro. Fortunately, I have the option to buy extra batteries so that's exactly what I did - three of them, in fact [​IMG]

10. HiFlight
    While I really enjoy the sound of the Aegis, I found the power drain to be excessive for use with my S4, so I relegated it for use with my desktop computer. I finally decided to order the Shozy Magic Dac/Amp. It is only about the size of a Sansa Clip but has outstanding audio performance. It does have a switch to enable/disable charging, so there is no current draw at all on my phone, as it is only being used as a transport.

After accumulating some additional run time on it, I will submit my impressions in more detail, but as of now, I am completely satisfied with the pairing. Despite its dimutive size, it performs right up there with some of the best!

11. dabotsonline
    How about combining Option 2 with an integrated battery pack that charges through a USB Type-C connector with USB Power Delivery v2.0 Profile 5: 100W = 20V @ 5A?

12. NLNH

Wait until S7 when Samsung gets you more juice per charge [​IMG]

13. DJScope
    Cozoy Aegis + Havi B3 Pro 1 + "Emma Hewit & Dash Berlin - Waiting" =

Thiswasniceuntilmybraincameupwiththe_69014f9b9982883ba5d02ac07c2e5d6c.jpg

14. NZtechfreak

Soon as you have the battery pack then you're out of this form factor though really.

15. Bananiq

Looking forward on Shozy Magic SQ impressions :)

First

Back
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Next

Last