COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
Jun 5, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #273 of 542
Thanks. I will investigate Rockbox again. I had a look yesterday and got throughly confused!! Is it a music played app like Poweramp?
I installed GoneMAD on my Android phone as an .apk and it seems to have bugs and not work very well but maybe that's the software itself rather than the type of file.

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #274 of 542
Yes, I have both Spotify and Mog working on my Z2.

Spotify's Android application has some major issues at the moment though. On non-phone Android devices, you cannot sync offline music, otherwise it will become stuck in an infinite "you are offline/you are online" loop. If you do not try to sync offline, then it will stream just fine.

Quote:
Have people got Spotify working on their Z2? :)

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #275 of 542
Thanks for that.
Have you tried playing around with the settings?

Quote:
Yes, I have both Spotify and Mog working on my Z2.

Spotify's Android application has some major issues at the moment though. On non-phone Android devices, you cannot sync offline music, otherwise it will become stuck in an infinite "you are offline/you are online" loop. If you do not try to sync offline, then it will stream just fine.

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #279 of 542
wow. I can't believe I got completely ignored. I might as well forget those 2 questions and try a question related to the above post, and maybe have a better chance of getting acknowledged. 

From what I've heard J3 is the best sound quality and everyone has been asking whether the Z2 sounds better than the J3. Izzy I understand you don't have a J3, anyone else can you answer this? From what I know the J3 has Jet Effect 3 while the Z2 has an improved Jet Effect 5. 

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #280 of 542
Quote:
wow. I can't believe I got completely ignored. I might as well forget those 2 questions and try a question related to the above post, and maybe have a better chance of getting acknowledged. 

From what I've heard J3 is the best sound quality and everyone has been asking whether the Z2 sounds better than the J3. Izzy I understand you don't have a J3, anyone else can you answer this? From what I know the J3 has Jet Effect 3 while the Z2 has an improved Jet Effect 5. 

I'm getting a Z2 very soon.
I've search most place and there's no definate answer as to whether Z2 or J3 is better.

When i've gotten i'll post my results here.
I'm using a Silver cabled IE8.

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #282 of 542
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a z2 from amazon since its very easy now to push the android market and framework files onto the device, and root is not even required (though beneficial).  Sure, 313 for 32gb dollars seems steep for a device thats stuck running a variant of 2.3, but really all I care about is being able to use squeezeplayer/squeezecommander to stream from logitech media server.  I'm planning on going with the 32 regardless since its only a 30 dollar difference, and that extra space could be useful for android related stuff.

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #283 of 542
Personally ill be waiting out for a bit since this is still a fairly young device in the mean time I'm going to be purchasing the J3 after work to get it on Tuesday.

Or I might even consider getting an android smartphone and using that as a pmp since I'm in need of replacing my current phone.

Bookmarked link in case I decide to buy it at some point, but for now ill hold off and watch its progress.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #284 of 542
"Yes, you can make a playlist"

Would you be so kind as to give me a hint.  I tried copying the M3U files from my S9 without success.

Is there something special I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Diego

Users who are viewing this thread

Back