Cowon Z2 (Next Cowon Player?)
Jan 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #31 of 58

Quote:
What makes me angry is that I paid nearly £300 for a device that Cowon now say was just a beta product and that the Z2 will be the stable version with faster CPU and memory. I can understand releasing a newer product but Cowon should of made the D3 a far more stable device with a firmware update instead of dumping it in the garbage can and just releasing a newer model instead :frowning2:

There's really not much else Cowon can fix, at least performance wise, with the D3.   It's got a 82xx Telechips CPU and 256MB of RAM, which is just pitiful for 2012 (and it wasn't too great for 2011, either - that was strictly 2010 territory, for an Android device).   The Gingerbread update was, quite frankly, a big suprise and I give them credit for pulling that off.  This is coming from a tablet-based environment btw - I have a tablet device with BETTER hardware specs than the D3 and it's still stuck in Froyo-land because the vendor basically threw the userbase to the wolves.

That's not to say that I wish Cowon could make this right for those of us who feel a bit cheated - like maybe a trade-up program?   Mail your D3 in and, for a reasonable fee, you get the Z2 in its place.  That would go a long way, imo.   Apple actually does this for old iPods, so it's not unheard of.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #32 of 58

Quote:
That's not to say that I wish Cowon could make this right for those of us who feel a bit cheated - like maybe a trade-up program?   Mail your D3 in and, for a reasonable fee, you get the Z2 in its place.  That would go a long way, imo.   Apple actually does this for old iPods, so it's not unheard of.

EVGA does it for video cards as well. 

I wish more news would come for this Z2, it really has my attention now. iBasso DX100 is taking up all the spotlight right now.

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #33 of 58
Hey everybody,

I'm quite new here and would love to leran a bit more about the Audiophile Szene.
My English is not that great, but I will do my best sharing this great passion in a clear English :wink:

Just wanted to say, that I have the In Ear Monitors UE (Ultimate ears) 18 and I orderd today the new COWON Z2 from 'Exportprive.com' and hope to get it in few days.
As soon as I will get it, I will make some Photos and would love to share the quality and the performance with you all.
As far as it looks in youtube, it looks fine...I hope I won't be dissapointed of it, since I brought my Cowon D3 last year after 2 days back...

Best wishes from the cold Munich, Germany
Izzi

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #34 of 58

Quote:
Hey everybody,

I'm quite new here and would love to leran a bit more about the Audiophile Szene.
My English is not that great, but I will do my best sharing this great passion in a clear English :wink:

Just wanted to say, that I have the In Ear Monitors UE (Ultimate ears) 18 and I orderd today the new COWON Z2 from 'Exportprive.com' and hope to get it in few days.
As soon as I will get it, I will make some Photos and would love to share the quality and the performance with you all.
As far as it looks in youtube, it looks fine...I hope I won't be dissapointed of it, since I brought my Cowon D3 last year after 2 days back...

Izzi

Great, welcome to head-fi and grats on your purchase! I can't wait to hear your impressions. Personally I am dying to know if it does line-out or s/pdif. 
popcorn.gif
 I am also curious about real-world battery usage.

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #35 of 58

Quote:
Great, welcome to head-fi and grats on your purchase! I can't wait to hear your impressions. Personally I am dying to know if it does line-out or s/pdif. 
popcorn.gif
 I am also curious about real-world battery usage.

Hey

Thanks a lot. I promise to write everything down, when I'll get the Z2. That will take around 3 days or more...

Cheers
Izzi

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #36 of 58

Quote:
Hey everybody,

Izzi

Is Exportprive reputable? Their prices are dead cheap!

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #41 of 58

Quote:
almost the same price of the J3 here in Europe but cheaper than the D3! 

Waiting for reviews
L3000.gif

Quote:
The Z2 is in stock on Export Prive.

$270 - 8 gb
$295 - 16 gb
$352 - 32 gb

Crazy pricing. I thought the 8GB J3 at $175 was too expensive. It makes me greatly appreciate my $30 Clip+.
When will Cowon come out with a competator to the Sandisk Clip players? We need more nice great sounding players with a card slot under $50.

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #43 of 58
Hi everybody!!

I got it! The Z2 came today!!! I am still excited like a baby...first impression: IT WORKS AND FAST AND FORGET FROM THE D3!!!
I have to continue and check it carefully! Just wanted to say that the first impression is amazing! (concidering: Video quality,Internet, performance).

I promise to write soon, as I will check everything for you guys!!!

Best wishes from Munich
Izzi

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #44 of 58

Quote:
Hi everybody!!

I got it! The Z2 came today!!! I am still excited like a baby...first impression: IT WORKS AND FAST AND FORGET FROM THE D3!!!
I have to continue and check it carefully! Just wanted to say that the first impression is amazing! (concidering: Video quality,Internet, performance).

I promise to write soon, as I will check everything for you guys!!!

Best wishes from Munich
Izzi

awesome!!

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #45 of 58
Please tell us how long it takes to scan through files (when you add new!), does it take a long time?
Please consider a test with about 200 or so files!

BTW i hope you enjoy your Z2 your pics made me jump from joy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back