Cowon X5 Impressions
Jun 2, 2009 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

palinetes

Member of the Trade: Audio Dream
I had looking for some informations and reviews of that player, but i haven´t find nothing exactly it. I just bought one of these, comparing with my 5G ipod he kicks his ass from every type of sound i have tested on.(my ipod just broken, the jack doesn´t work anymore)

Some have some impressions about this player or some links in head fi with some reviews just for read more about´t

tks

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 8
I was a/b testing the X5 with my ipod 5g and found some differences.

The X5 is superior sounding to my ears. Bass is deeper and the mids are noticeably smoother. Smoother sound overall, in fact. Cymbals, vocals and guitar aren't as harsh as the 5g.

It's definitely a warmer sounding player, especially when compared to the likes of the Cowon D2.

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 8
I've got the M5L, which is basically the X5L minus video and with mono screen, which is a good thing. It's the best sounding player I've ever owned (including Creative Muvo, Cowon U2, Cowon D2, Samsung T9, Sony S639, Samsung P3). It has a very full and smooth sound that I haven't been able to find elsewhere. Things have moved on in terms of size and design since then obviousley but stick Rockbox on it and for audio playback qualities, it's hard to beat. They do seem to suffer with joystick and headphone socket problems though.

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 8
My headphone jack and joystick are fine for the most part, fortunately.

To me the iriver h100 and h300 series players have much the same qualities. Maybe not quite as warm but very similar. Though the X5 has a very small amount of hiss and the irivers hiss about 3x more.

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was a/b testing the X5 with my ipod 5g and found some differences.

The X5 is superior sounding to my ears. Bass is deeper and the mids are noticeably smoother. Smoother sound overall, in fact. Cymbals, vocals and guitar aren't as harsh as the 5g.

It's definitely a warmer sounding player, especially when compared to the likes of the Cowon D2.

I totally agree with u!!!! my next step is a D2.

overall the cowon it´s much better then the ipod 5g, but i will fix him it´s a great player

the joystick looks stong to me, much more strong than the screen of my ipod, the screem broke alone about 6 weeks ago =/

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #8 of 8
That buy was awsome!!! arround US$150 or R$300 reais, a new ipod in here it´s arround R$800 the classic model Oo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back