Cowon vs Rocoo vs Hifiman
May 21, 2012 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

buhhrahhyann

New Head-Fier
Hey guys
I'm a newbie when it comes to audio-tech and so forth.

I've been reading up on music players with DAC + amp.
The rocoo P and hifiman 601/602 are advertised as DAC + amp players. However I dont see cowon advertising it that way.
Does cowon have a good DAC in it? (mainly looking at the iaudio 9). But I'm also curious because non of the cowons have been advertised as a music player with an amp and DAC.

Also, most of the cowon models are much slimmer and more portable than the rocoo or hifiman.

Is the iaudio 9 equivalent to lets say an ipod + fiio e7?

Cheers

May 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Hey guys
I'm a newbie when it comes to audio-tech and so forth.

I've been reading up on music players with DAC + amp.
The rocoo P and hifiman 601/602 are advertised as DAC + amp players. However I dont see cowon advertising it that way.
Does cowon have a good DAC in it? (mainly looking at the iaudio 9). But I'm also curious because non of the cowons have been advertised as a music player with an amp and DAC.

Also, most of the cowon models are much slimmer and more portable than the rocoo or hifiman.

Is the iaudio 9 equivalent to lets say an ipod + fiio e7?

Cheers

I'm sort of new to, I have Ipod Nano (1st, 4th and 6th gen), Samsung YP-P2 sort of similar sounds, especially 1st gen and YP-P2, not so keen on 4th gen, 6th gen better but for me not the same as 1st gen. Improved SQ on ipods with LOD + Fiio E6. Then I got a RoCoo-P, all I can say for me, it's a massive improvement in all area's and it's fine in my pocket...so would class as portable. Cannot comment on Cowon, hopefully someone else with more DAP's maybe able to give you some further guidance. Also get some decent IEM's, etc, this helps immensely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back