Cowon S9 vs iMod
May 30, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 11
Well, I just tried the search function as I am interested in this question too. Nothing. What did your superior search skillz bring up Teerdz?

May 31, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 11
i hate when people say use the search function. If you aren't gonna help the poster quit trying to falsely boost your post count by saying use the search function. Just because a 6 month old article may exist maybe the person wants a fresh perspective, maybe firmware updates have changed something since then. If you aren't gonna say something constructive keep your mouth shut and quit trying to spam your post count up.

To original poster sorry I can't answer your question. I do have an Imod but never heard an s9. The Imod sounds fantastic it's actually better then the zune 120 by a decent margin but the s9 is supposedly better then the zune 120 so I guess that doesn't help. I just had to post cause I'm sick of seeing people say use the search function.

May 31, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 11
I have not heard a s9 but I do own a imod. From all that I have read as a standalone dap the s9 is right up there with the best. But utilizing the line out with a vcap and amp system I am pretty sure that the imod would have a edge over the s9. Also you may want to look into the hifiman which supposedly is a awesome dap as well.

May 31, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #10 of 11
only if S9 has heaps of junk in the HP out signal path. with digital attenuation, a pot turned all the way up should be pretty much identical to not being there at all ie. line out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back