Cowon S9 loudness very soft with Sennheiser HD 228
Sep 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Salsaming

New Head-Fier
Just got a Sennheiser HD 228 for my 4 weeks old Cowon S9. Strange enough the loudness is verry soft even when the volume is put on 100 procent loud.
Is it possible that the loudness of the sound is limited by an option? After reading the manual i couldn't found anything about the loudness of the sound. Or is it possible that the Senn sould be burn in for 50 hours? With a Senn CX500 the max loudness is bitt louder then the HD 228.

Any input welcome
Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Ming
Netherlands

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 8
At max volume, the your music should be unbearably loud with the HD228. According to the Sennheiser website, the HD228 has only 24 ohm impedance (same impedance as my HD201). At 24 my HD201 is quite loud playing back high bitrate MP3 rips of my CDs.

Did you clean out your ears? Maybe earwax is blocking out some of the sound?
Did you plug the headphone jack all the way in?
Have you tested the HD228 with another device to see if you're experiencing the same problem?
Are you using high quality music files?

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 8
What's a EU option? I don't do anything special when first starting the player.
If it's on standard how can i switch it off? Don't read anything about EU in the manual.

Thanks for imput.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salsaming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's a EU option? I don't do anything special when first starting the player.
If it's on standard how can i switch it off?

At least for me the first thing the player asked was a region, EU or rest of the world.

Quick googling reveals this post how someone managed to reset it and solve the volume issue.

Sep 11, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi there,

Thanks for all your imputs. Specially to Tot. It was indeed the EU installation.
After I format the player and install without EU the sound was terrific.
Thanks again.

Many listning pleasure
Ming

Sep 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 8
I completely forgot about the region thingy. You could have just reinstalled the firmware instead of reformatting the device. That way your music and most of your EQ settings wouldn't get wipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back