Cowon S9 and Kleer Wireless Adapter
Feb 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pseudohippy

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, ths is not a bash on either piece of equipment at all. Just for informational purposes only for those with the wireless considering the S9. The adapter will NOT fit in the player without the extension cable. I was disapointed they are not compatible completely. They do sound fantastic together though, the Cowon likes the higher ohmage.

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 9
Yup they certainly sound very good.

Tbh i would have preferred to use the extension cord myself and velcro the kleer unit to the back of the s9.

Oh btw the customs have arrived, pics are in the customs thread seeing you mentioned your interest.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 9
You can also go without the cable but it barely reaches and does not look like it would be good for the equipment.

Huxley, I went and read all about your customs, you were not completely satisfied with fit. How about the sound? How do you feel today compared to when you first got them. Are you going to send them back for a refit? And if no, do you think it might be due to location? I mean, if you lived close to Sleek would you send them back for a refit but maybe you wont since you live so far away and its added expense and hassle. If I get them I want the fit to be perfect. I never found any close up pics of them btw, your pics are kinda far out. Love to seem them up close.

Congrats on your new toys, I want them so bad now.

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 9
Fit wise back then your right, i ended up using nail polish to sort any problems out, infact it's what sleek suggested and now they work great, sound is fantastic very lush and detailed to my ears with just the right amount of bass.

These are very neutral iem's all the frequencies work well together not one overbearing on the other, the downside ive had to change some of my music collection as they will pick out low quality tracks.

Bear in mind i have very straight canals which are known to give sealing problems from what i've read.

Oh and a refit would be added expense and hassle, i wanted to see if i could sort it first.

As for pics i'll see what i can do later on, it's 5am atm .
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 9
Not sure Id be happy with nail polish, does it make it blurry in that area is it completely perfectly clear. Lots of blood vessels in your ear I think, not sure what all is in nail polish.

Feb 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #8 of 9
Well it's basically acrylic same as what the monitors are made from.

It's not 100% clear but close enough

sorry about no pics, i'll sort them by the end of the weekend for you, been a bit busy of late, i'll do nice macro shots seeing the camera is more than capable for it just means more fiddling.

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #9 of 9
No sweat man, pics are just a bonus, the thing is I was thinking of copying what you got so pics in this case are more applicable then usual. I just bought a garmin Gps and my S9 so I am not getting my customs anytime soon anyhow.

Thanks for you information and answering my questions. Sounds like polish is a fine solution, Ive of course read about plenty of others doing the same thing, it was just a concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back