Cowon Plenue R - All Round Player
Mar 6, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #196 of 448
https://www.eglobalcentral.com.es/#/product/22278

I don' t know if seller is reliable or not.

I've bought from them a few times (including my Plenue R). Much cheaper than UK-based retailers - they're in Hong Kong I believe.

There are a couple of things to bear in mind before ordering though - it'll probably take a week to arrive, and it may not be covered by warranty; some manufacturers have 'authorised' retailers and won't repair/exchange goods bought elsewhere. I don't know what Cowon's policy is though.

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #197 of 448
eGlobalCentral is a grey market reseller (= they're not an authorized dealer for anything) that work through backorders very frequently.
Their actual stocks are VERY limited, so you may wait your item forever or get it fast, with no mean to know in advance (they don't show actual stock).
I really can't recommend this kind of reseller (check site reviews if you like, you don't have to believe me). :wink:

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #198 of 448
eGlobalCentral is a grey market reseller (= they're not an authorized dealer for anything) that work through backorders very frequently.
Their actual stocks are VERY limited, so you may wait your item forever or get it fast, with no mean to know in advance (they don't show actual stock).
I really can't recommend this kind of reseller (check site reviews if you like, you don't have to believe me). :wink:

I think I read the same thing in another thread about this store, you get the best pricing but warranty is voided since they are not an authorized reseller.

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #200 of 448
How reliable do you think it is buying from such sources?.

Roulette Wheel.jpg

Mar 26, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #202 of 448
I purchased Cowon Plenue R in 21 March 2018 Shop in spain
it then it say delivery in 1 week
I expected it to be avaible in the shop by then.
I sent them a email after 5 days after purchase
This answer i got.... We still waiting for the Cowon Plenue R from
Cowon distribuition O_o
we hope to recive it this week but since is easter holliday on Friday and Next monday
you might not get it until next week

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #203 of 448
I purchased Cowon Plenue R in Shop in spain
Shop said it would be avaible from 14 March 2018 In shop
21 March 2018 i purchase it then it say delivery in 7 days
I expected it to be avaible in the shop by then.
I did not hear anything from the shop now 5 days after purchase
so sent them a email.
This answer i got.... We still waiting for the Cowon Plenue R from
Cowon distribuition O_o
we hope to recive it this week but since is easter holliday on Friday and Next monday
you might not get it until next week
Very disapointed I should have purchased it in another country not in spain

The economy is extremely bad in Spain, for the past few years (including now).

Maybe they can't afford to keep expensive DAPs in stock, so they maybe only get them when someone orders one?

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #204 of 448
The PR is just so versatile:
- I use it balanced out to my iems;
- as a transport to my H2;
- as an external DAC for my MacBook;
- as an external DAC connected to my iPad as a Roon device.

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #206 of 448
Got mine from the bay...whopping $70...great case but overpriced...

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #207 of 448
Got mine from the bay...whopping $70...great case but overpriced...

For PR case is the must, to cover those sharp edges.

Apr 5, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #210 of 448
I bought the Plenue R as a transport for my Chord Hugo for a couple of reasons: I like the Cowon interface, it has lightening quick start-up and memory read times (vs AK DAPs, for example) and it has optical digital out, which is my favourite input for the Hugo.

A few pleasant surprises: the battery life is more impressive that any electrical item I've owned. It just keeps going. And, as an added bonus, the thing actually sounds good! I prefer it to the Plenue 1, which was too stuffy for my tastes.

One gripe though - when using optical the output is fixed at 44.1 kHz. The R is a hi res player without hi res output, which is disappointing.

Aside from this, I highly recommend the player. It's very user-friendly, and has a clean, though not clinical, sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back