Cowon Plenue R - All Round Player
Nov 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #137 of 448
Currently I mainly use the Andromeda, Jupiter and Nova from campfire audio. The dx80, r and dx90. Something in that price range I guess.

For my personal taste, warmer sig of dx80 might pair up better with Andromeda, making it smoother and more organic. But hissing going to be noticeable. PR gives you more flexibility to fine tune the sound with dsp effects. Also, keep in mind that dx120 is around the corner and it could be on par with PR.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #138 of 448
For my personal taste, warmer sig of dx80 might pair up better with Andromeda, making it smoother and more organic. But hissing going to be noticeable. PR gives you more flexibility to fine tune the sound with dsp effects. Also, keep in mind that dx120 is around the corner and it could be on par with PR.

I see. So many new daps these days making it even more difficult to choose :)

Nov 15, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #139 of 448
Thanks for the great review Twister6 now I'm even more excited about it, still waiting on delivery, track&trace says it should be delivered today!!

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #141 of 448
Nov 23, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #144 of 448
I have received the R and will try and post a review sometime in the coming weeks, note that I'm not an expert and don't own top equipment. Also note that I might lack the terminology for proper sound description. The main headphones I use are the Sennheiser hd25-1 II and Meelec Pinnacle P1. Lastly I don't have any other players to directly compare it, in The past I've owned: Sony NWA3000 -> Cowon D2 -> Cowon D2+ -> Ibasso DX50 -> Cowon Plenue D. Every 'upgrade' so far was a noticable step up in quality for me exept for the transition from DX50 to Plenue D.

The Plenue R however really exceeded my expectations and I immensely enjoy it's sound. I have Always been a bit sceptical when it came to these high resolution players and whether they were worth the price but the level of detail without sounding tiring is really a new level of quality that I have not encountered before and I guarantee that if you have th emoney and enjoy high quality audio you will defenitely be satisfied with the Plenue R.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #145 of 448
I have received the R and will try and post a review sometime in the coming weeks, note that I'm not an expert and don't own top equipment. Also note that I might lack the terminology for proper sound description. The main headphones I use are the Sennheiser hd25-1 II and Meelec Pinnacle P1. Lastly I don't have any other players to directly compare it, in The past I've owned: Sony NWA3000 -> Cowon D2 -> Cowon D2+ -> Ibasso DX50 -> Cowon Plenue D. Every 'upgrade' so far was a noticable step up in quality for me exept for the transition from DX50 to Plenue D.

The Plenue R however really exceeded my expectations and I immensely enjoy it's sound. I have Always been a bit sceptical when it came to these high resolution players and whether they were worth the price but the level of detail without sounding tiring is really a new level of quality that I have not encountered before and I guarantee that if you have th emoney and enjoy high quality audio you will defenitely be satisfied with the Plenue R.

I'll keep you guys updated!
Excellent, please do keep us updated - so far twister6’s review is the only one I’ve seen in a language I understand!

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #146 of 448
IMG_4231.JPG

Early Christmas today :)

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #148 of 448
Wow this thing even has a A-B section repeat! So cool!

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #149 of 448
@twister6 , Not sure if anyone have ask this before. But here I goes,
Would you consider the R superior to the Opus thebit #1 ? (Mainly balance setup)
I know sound is subjective. But would like to know how does it fare against each other so I could get a fare idea of how it sounds at the very least.
Thanks in advance :)

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #150 of 448
@twister6 , Not sure if anyone have ask this before. But here I goes,
Would you consider the R superior to the Opus thebit #1 ? (Mainly balance setup)
I know sound is subjective. But would like to know how does it fare against each other so I could get a fare idea of how it sounds at the very least.
Thanks in advance :)

Without a doubt PR is superior to the original #1, but then, Opus#1 is discontinued and they releasing Opus#1S, though will have to see how it compares when available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back