Cowon Plenue P1
Jan 5, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #2,851 of 2,974
by root you mean in system folder? or just toss it in next to the folders?
UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS How to Install PLENUE 1 Firmware V2.21
Before Installation
Unzip the latest firmware provided by COWON and save it in any folder in your PC.

Please connect your PLENUE 1 directly to the USB port on your PC with the cable that is provided.

The battery of a device must be fully charged.

After downloading the firmware files, unzip them (P1_FW, P1_FW_key).
img_001.jpg

Turn on PLENUE 1 and connect it to a PC by a USB cable.
img_002.jpg

Copy and paste the two files (P1_FW, P1_FW_key) to the root folder of PLENUE 1.
img_003_1.jpg

img_003_2.jpg

Right-click [Safely Remove Hardware] icon in the tray at the lower right corner of your computer screen to disconnect the device from the PC.
img_004.jpg

First of all, please make sure PLENUE 1 is turned off. Then, press a power button of the device. Firmware upgrade process will be shown on the screen followed by PLENUE 1's automatic turning off. Please turn on the device again. There would be two times of firmware upgrade.

When PLENUE 1 turns off again after showing a 'Success' message on the screen, turn on the device again.

Firmware version is can be checked at settings > system > information.

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #2,853 of 2,974
ok its updated but didnt offer usa said europe or euopean union? does that mean this has volume limiter? if so how would i change it to usa? or remove it?
Sorry don't know enough about differences (European/USA) to tell you

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #2,854 of 2,974
what do you think of the p1 vs the xdp100r? i like the p1 better, out of curiousity when pairing it with a amp how high can you turn the volume up on th p1 without distortion? i remember cranking my plenue D up to high 90,s

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #2,855 of 2,974
what do you think of the p1 vs the xdp100r? i like the p1 better, out of curiousity when pairing it with a amp how high can you turn the volume up on th p1 without distortion? i remember cranking my plenue D up to high 90,s

I prefer the P1 over the 100R sound wise, - I haven't used it with an amp,

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #2,859 of 2,974
ok anyone why is this some of my albums when your scrolling down the album list and some dont like my rocky 4 soundtrack doesnt show the art when you scoll to it but when you go to actualy play it it shows

Jan 6, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #2,860 of 2,974
Hi,
I had ordered my cowon P1 from amazon in US and got it delivered. I am waiting for someone to carry it to India from US. I checked amazon US and there are few of them still in stock at amazon at 399 US. Sold by Jet Audio and amazon fulfilled. I havent tried the device yet. Guess connieflyer bought from same dealer. Posting in case someone is interested.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #2,861 of 2,974
by root you mean in system folder? or just toss it in next to the folders?
Simply put it next to the folders (not in the "system" folder)

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #2,863 of 2,974
So, I love this player, but I wonder what the possible battery replacement solutions are. I can feel that it is not lasting as long as long as it should; I don't want to trash it, as it's in great condition..

I would try to contact Cowon and see if you can RMA for a battery replacement. I did it with an older player I had 10 years ago. Came back with new life in it. I don't know what costs would be involved but unless something changed I think they would do it.

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #2,864 of 2,974
Anybody here who is interested to buy a P1, PM me. I am planning to sell mine for a steal price. Thanks.

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,865 of 2,974
So, I love this player, but I wonder what the possible battery replacement solutions are. I can feel that it is not lasting as long as long as it should; I don't want to trash it, as it's in great condition..

I'm waiting for a reply from cowon for exactly this. Annoyingly the relatively new laws on shipping lithium batteries means that the UK Cowon service guys at AMP3 no longer offer a battery replacement service. I'm hoping that if I can identify a 3rd party battery I'll be able to replace it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back