Cowon Plenue D
Mar 20, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #4,831 of 4,944
Hi all , I am new to head-fi.org
I owed J3 for 9years and was looking for an upgrade , got a plenue D at a steal price.
But the volume was quite large even at 1/100
I use it with um pro 30, and 1/100 at PD is equivalent to my J3's 6/40 , which is too large for sleeping.

Today I went to store and tried PD2 as well, seems better than PD, but I could not test it clearly at a noisy background.

Any thoughts on it?

You could adjust the user preset on the EQ setting down to -12, that way you would drop the volume considerable if that it's your need

Mar 21, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #4,832 of 4,944
With the volume on 1 it's too loud to sleep? Interesting. Maybe see if you have the latest firmware.

I have it already, thanks for reminder.

Most consumer IEM's have a sensitivity in the 100 to 106 dB range, more or less. The UM Pro 30 is 124 dB!!! No wonder it is too loud to sleep.

For sleeping, you could choose a more appropriate IEM.

Oh..I never think of that with my cowon J3 before, I will study in this perspective.

You could adjust the user preset on the EQ setting down to -12, that way you would drop the volume considerable if that it's your need

Its a nice try, but could I just alter the EQ setting in order to get volume drop evenly at all frequency ?

I think it may be the problem or output leveling, that is , even PD and PD2 have 2Vrms output with 3.5mm, they dont start at the same output level at 1/100 (1/140 for PD2)

Mar 21, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #4,834 of 4,944
Oh..I never think of that with my cowon J3 before, I will study in this perspective.
Another option is to buy an iFi Audio IEMatch

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,835 of 4,944
My PD went a little haywire today. First off, I noticed the “Added In The Last Week” playlist was blank. Then the “1 Day” had songs that were added about 2 weeks ago. Then I noticed a playlist at the bottom on the Day/Week/Month list that says “Etc.” and there are thousands of songs in it. Then I noticed my Favorites section has 10 Playlists. I only keep one. Playlist 2-9 has 0 tracks and 10 has 35. Any ideas?

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #4,836 of 4,944
My PD went a little haywire today. First off, I noticed the “Added In The Last Week” playlist was blank. Then the “1 Day” had songs that were added about 2 weeks ago. Then I noticed a playlist at the bottom on the Day/Week/Month list that says “Etc.” and there are thousands of songs in it. Then I noticed my Favorites section has 10 Playlists. I only keep one. Playlist 2-9 has 0 tracks and 10 has 35. Any ideas?

Did your battery fully die?

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #4,841 of 4,944
I don't have that album, but I'd probably use some editor, delete the image from the meta data and add it back in. Is it some super highres file? maybe it's too big? IDk if Cowon has any limits on what it can handle... You could try to shrink the art and add it back.

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #4,843 of 4,944
Hmm maybe it's god telling you to listen to something more wholesome.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #4,845 of 4,944
HA! Nice @phase0. I’m not much a rap/hip hop fan, tbh, but there is some enjoy and RTJ is among them. Great flow, great rhythms. It’s a lot like the NYHC I’m based in. Anyhow, I just want the cover to show up and it won’t.
The PD probably concludes that it already has those images even though they won't display.

Connect the PD to your PC.

Use File Explorer to navigate to the folder System/MusicDB on the PD.

Delete the contents of folder MusicDB.

Disconnect the PD.

The database update will take a little while but will rebuild the database. Hopefully your amended images will then appear.

Another way that sometimes works is to delete the entire album from the PD, update the database, then add the album to the PD and update again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back