Cowon Plenue D
Oct 3, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #4,291 of 4,949
For anyone interested, I found a perfect alternative to that case made by cowon.

It is the Mytagalongs Earbud Case, made out of neoprene. The pouch fits the plenue d pretty much exactly, with a little bit of space on top that for a 90 degree headphone jack. Has a small mesh pocket inside for something small like sd cards.

Only thing I think it's lacking, is some kind of loop for a carabiner, but that can be sewn on easily enough.

I stumbled upon it at a local nordstrom rack that had it for five bucks.

Edit: original post was because I got an SD card that wasn't working, I got ripped off on Ebay. Once I replaced it and figured out how to format the 128gb to fat32, it seems to work fine.

Oct 3, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #4,292 of 4,949
For anyone interested, I found a perfect alternative to that case made by cowon.

It is the Mytagalongs Earbud Case, made out of neoprene. The pouch fits the plenue d pretty much exactly, with a little bit of space on top that for a 90 degree headphone jack. Has a small mesh pocket inside for something small like sd cards.

Only thing I think it's lacking, is some kind of loop for a carabiner, but that can be sewn on easily enough.

I stumbled upon it at a local nordstrom rack that had it for five bucks.

Edit: original post was because I got an SD card that wasn't working, I got ripped off on Ebay. Once I replaced it and figured out how to format the 128gb to fat32, it seems to work fine.
Is there a cheap hard case that fits the small PlenueD (like these for carrying hard disks, but shorter) ?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #4,293 of 4,949
Is there a cheap hard case that fits the small PlenueD (like these for carrying hard disks, but shorter) ?
I answer to myself : I found the CSL 130 on Am*zon, very cheap (6 euros) and the Plenue D fits perfectly ! :)
It's only a carrying case, but does the job.

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #4,295 of 4,949
Hey guys, in my dap, the list of genre was a mess, so I decided to tag my files correctly with Mp3Tag. I spend 2 hours, the result is correct in mp3tag when I read the file on my pc, but in the cowon, almost nothing has changed despite the several data update. the genre list is still the same mess.
Any idea?

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #4,297 of 4,949
Hey guys, in my dap, the list of genre was a mess, so I decided to tag my files correctly with Mp3Tag. I spend 2 hours, the result is correct in mp3tag when I read the file on my pc, but in the cowon, almost nothing has changed despite the several data update. the genre list is still the same mess.
Any idea?
Go to the SYSTEM folder and delete the folder MUSICDB. Then do a database update.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #4,298 of 4,949
Just brought this. Very good sounding little player. But it can't seem to scan any of my sd cards.... Help!
The cards have to be formatted with the FAT32 file system. If they are using EXFAT or NTFS then they won't work in the PD.

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #4,299 of 4,949
Has anyone had external playlists working on their Plenue D?

I can copy over music files which play fine (both on internal and 128GB SD), latest 1.17 firmware.

I can copy over m3u playlists and the PD happily recognises and lists these, but their contents are always empty.

I have tried following the advice in the post below, but no success.

If anyone has successfully got an external playlist working, please please please can you share how you did it? Ideally also pasting in the text contents of a successful list.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

This is killing me. Like a rubics cube.

I have the infamous Cowon Plenum D with a 128 Micro SD card. Latest 1.17 firmware (I also have the Cowon A3 and X7)
I use Media monkey Gold latest as of this posting.
I have Playlist made in Mediamonkey for years the song was made. 1960's (all) and then 1960,1961...
I can look at the playlist (with notepad) and it contains all the songs but the D says its empty

Now please, walk me through IF you know how.

HOW DO I GET THE D to play a playlist and then be able to play a playlist in shuffle mode?
I've right clicked a playlist and sent the M3U (renamed to the playlist I'm exporting) and send it to the folder playist on the D.

The settings when you click the either internal or external are key I think. Someone suggested renaming the M3U to M3U(EXT)?

So lets go....

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #4,301 of 4,949
Go to the SYSTEM folder and delete the folder MUSICDB. Then do a database update.
Thanks for the tip, it solved the problem, but not entirely.
But I should be the one to blame because I change the tag on the plenue while it is plugged in usb. If I rename my files in my pc then move them to the plenue, no problem.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #4,302 of 4,949
Thanks for the tip, it solved the problem, but not entirely.
But I should be the one to blame because I change the tag on the plenue while it is plugged in usb. If I rename my files in my pc then move them to the plenue, no problem.
The point is that while the PD is just fine at recognising new files or deleted files, it does not seem to recognise updated files.

The easy method is to delete the old files, do a database update, then add the new files and update again.

Oct 14, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #4,303 of 4,949
Hello everyone,

Quick question. New owner here.

I have made sure my Windows registry was correct as per a post some few pages back and also formatted my 64GB card in FAT32 WITH the 32k allocation size. All good. Update of database takes about 20secs.
However, trying to listen to some of my albums the playback isn't right. At first I thought the player didn't like Pantera, but then it also appears to not like one of my Buena Vista Social Club albums as well as a couple of others. The issue is that the songs have choppy play and apparently sped up a bit.
All other albums, in FLAC and mp3, play well. The vast majority of my stuff is 44.1khz at around 1mb/s bitrate

Any gems of wisdom are wildly appreciated.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #4,304 of 4,949
The point is that while the PD is just fine at recognising new files or deleted files, it does not seem to recognise updated files.

The easy method is to delete the old files, do a database update, then add the new files and update again.
Shame the user must wait for data update every time power is on if the dap doesn't recognize fully the updated files :ksc75smile:
anyway, I did your method, much longer due to slooooow speed transfer to the internal memory and even sd card, but works perfectly now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back