Cowon Plenue D
Feb 5, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #3,961 of 4,949
i been look for a dap awhile and been hold off purchase one. I recently come across review from Z-review on youtube and felt in love with it. I decide to buy it on amazon, there are two seller up there, I want to ask
Should i purchase JetAudioInc ($199) while Amazon sell it for 275 for gold edition. Why is it so much big different? Is it safely to better purchase from amazon?

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #3,962 of 4,949
  i been look for a dap awhile and been hold off purchase one. I recently come across review from Z-review on youtube and felt in love with it. I decide to buy it on amazon, there are two seller up there, I want to ask
Should i purchase JetAudioInc ($199) while Amazon sell it for 275 for gold edition. Why is it so much big different? Is it safely to better purchase from amazon?

Hi, Jet Audio is an official Cowon seller, I bought a player from them and other stuff on Amazon and never had any problems. They have gold version as well https://www.amazon.com/Cowon-Plenue-Resolution-Music-Player/dp/B01A8NU5CG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486290158&sr=8-1&keywords=plenue

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #3,965 of 4,949

Jet Audio is the official supplier in the US, they sell through Amazon. The color is the only difference and the difference is minor. The price difference is a choice made by Jet Audio based only on marketing.

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #3,967 of 4,949
Just wanted to add something to this thread.

Recently purchase the Plenue D, and I'm very satisfied.

It's paired either with Sennheiser momentum 2.0 overears or Shure 215's and it's plenty powerful to deliver volume beyond my inclinations on either.

I consider it and the pairings to be the reasonable hidef audio way to go, it's certainly not high end (in price or likely performance), but it's an upgrade+ over using an ipod. It also sounds extremely better in my car (acura TL w/ ELS sound system). 

For what I use it for... working out, walking, driving... it's pretty much what I needed.

It's battery life is fantastic and somehow it seems to charge quite quickly.

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #3,969 of 4,949
  I read and watch few review, many of them point out the lag of interface. How bad is it

Not bad at all. I use it on the run (quickly looking at it and changing to a new album etc.), never noticed that much of a lag. 

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #3,973 of 4,949
not SUPER MINOR to be honest, the Plenue D in my book is still choppy for a DAP that costs $300 here in our country. theres no lineout/optical out even, but thats optional since the D has already a decent power output. the DX50, while an old dap, has a true lineout, coax, way snappier UI specially during navigation (1000+ songs), and is rockboxable but optional again.

i had a J3 and S9 before when they were really popular and IIRC navigating through those two are better than the Plenue D. 

and I forgot this is headfi, not gonna add more posts anymore since this is the PLENUE D thread, ill most likely get bashed by posting negative things in this thread lol 

laters

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #3,974 of 4,949
How would the Plenue D compare with the iBasso DX90?

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #3,975 of 4,949
  not SUPER MINOR to be honest, the Plenue D in my book is still choppy for a DAP that costs $300 here in our country. theres no lineout/optical out even, but thats optional since the D has already a decent power output. the DX50, while an old dap, has a true lineout, coax, way snappier UI specially during navigation (1000+ songs), and is rockboxable but optional again.

i had a J3 and S9 before when they were really popular and IIRC navigating through those two are better than the Plenue D. 

and I forgot this is headfi, not gonna add more posts anymore since this is the PLENUE D thread, ill most likely get bashed by posting negative things in this thread lol 

laters

I already had the Cowon J3 and I did not find the navigation better than Cowon Plenue D. Both give a little lag when rolling the songs (in a similar way).

I think with the low cost of today's processors it would give Cowon to invest in a little better not to have that little lag. But I do not know what led the company to choose a 1-core processor with less than 1GHz clock.

Personally as a user, for the advantages that the player has, the fact of Plenue D ter lag is little relevant in fact in my opinion. But it would be perfect if it presented the fluidity of the Sony NW-A35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back