Cowon Plenue D
Nov 1, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #3,617 of 4,949
Hi everyone, I've ordered a PD and it should be coming in 2 days...enjoying my waiting-for-a-new-toy feeling :D
I do have an senn ie8 and sony a25, the combi is quite good but it supposed to be better with the PD. Has someone tested the senn ie8 with the PD? 
I'm open to hear some recommendations about upgrading from senn ie8, I'm in love with it for almost 5 years because of its soundstage and clear treble. Now I would try something similar in range 300$-500$ :D
Thanks and cheers
beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #3,618 of 4,949
  Hi everyone, I've ordered a PD and it should be coming in 2 days...enjoying my waiting-for-a-new-toy feeling :D
I do have an senn ie8 and sony a25, the combi is quite good but it supposed to be better with the PD. Has someone tested the senn ie8 with the PD? 
I'm open to hear some recommendations about upgrading from senn ie8, I'm in love with it for almost 5 years because of its soundstage and clear treble. Now I would try something similar in range 300$-500$ :D
Thanks and cheers
beerchug.gif

If you're still a fan of the ie8 sound, then go for the direct upgrade, the ie80. It's basically the ie8 with less boom when the dial is turned up, and ever so slightly more extended treble. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #3,619 of 4,949
Anyone here would like to share their eq settings with se846? My current set up is: 80-8 wide, 220-3 normal, 780-5 narrow, 3.0kz-5 normal, 13kz-8 wide, bbe-4, machbass-2, 3D-2, mp-off, reverb off. That's pair with a se846 with blue filter mod(only one of the two foam filter was removed from each ear piece).

Thanks guys :blush:

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,622 of 4,949
Hi All, I'm looking to buy one of these and noticed they are in only a handful of stores, in limited quantity. Any rumors of a new model? If not, what is the best source of purchase here in the US?

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3,624 of 4,949
Yes amazon is your best bet. 199 is a great deal for this player. Cowon releases players quite frequently, so I am sure there will be an update soon. However, their focus seems to be on boutique players with high power/short battery life/high price right now, so may be not. 

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #3,625 of 4,949
  Yes amazon is your best bet. 199 is a great deal for this player. Cowon releases players quite frequently, so I am sure there will be an update soon. However, their focus seems to be on boutique players with high power/short battery life/high price right now, so may be not. 

Yep figures because over here in the uk it's £199!

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #3,626 of 4,949
  I just picked one up at Amazon.com through JetAudio for 199$ plus tax, I believe they ship out of California. The 199$ was for the Gold/Black option. 

I cannot answer your question about the rumors. Good luck!

O Cool... yeah, I might go that route. I much prefer the silver/black aesthetic, but not for $40 more. Thanks!

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #3,628 of 4,949
Get the Plenue D off Amazon sure, there may be another player coming but the Plenue  D sounds GREAT, if you wait for the next thing there is allways something around the corner, so its a endless Circle, just get the Plenue D now and be happy
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #3,629 of 4,949
  Get the Plenue D off Amazon sure, there may be another player coming but the Plenue  D sounds GREAT, if you wait for the next thing there is allways something around the corner, so its a endless Circle, just get the Plenue D now and be happy
beerchug.gif

SO after further review, I decided to opt out of the purchase. I got real excited about the size, sound, touchscreen, and price but there is a glaring issue --- It doesn't fully support 200gb memory cards. Apparently, it only registers 128gb max, although you can still access the files in the folder views. One of my primary reasons for this purchase was to have all my FLAC in one place and just hit shuffle. I'm going to hold off until they update the firmware or come out with a revision that does this.

Soooo close to joining this family, but have to wait just a little longer.

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #3,630 of 4,949
SO after further review, I decided to opt out of the purchase. I got real excited about the size, sound, touchscreen, and price but there is a glaring issue --- It doesn't fully support 200gb memory cards. Apparently, it only registers 128gb max, although you can still access the files in the folder views. One of my primary reasons for this purchase was to have all my FLAC in one place and just hit shuffle. I'm going to hold off until they update the firmware or come out with a revision that does this.

Soooo close to joining this family, but have to wait just a little longer.

Read a few posts back. It was stated it supports 200GB cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back