Cowon Plenue D
Oct 8, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #3,511 of 4,944
  I'm thinking of buying Cowon Plenue D. I have Oneplus One+Poweramp player+Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. For my taste, it sounded warmer than Sony XZ-2, and i'm happy with the sound. But i know it is too digital. If i buy Cowon, will i only have longer life battery? Or wil i get more natural but warmer sound with the advanced eq of Cowon?

I can buy Pioneer XPD-100 or Cayin I5 for 500$. Will i get any sound quality improvement? Becase i am thinking of for futureproof, to stream music.

I have Plenue D and Cayin I5. PD is incredible, especialy when you consider price/value ratio. However, to my ears I5 is in the different league and I say that comparing it with all my line up, which is extensive and includes AK70 as well. I predominantly use On Ear and Over Ear Headphones,since I hate things stuck inside my ear, but also believe that in order to get the best  sound the whole earcup has to be used.

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #3,512 of 4,944
Hi BadBanana,

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

Initially I thought this might be unrelated, before I realised that 137GB (134,217,728 bytes) is 128GiB, which seems to be where the issue occurs.

I've sent an email to Cowon USA via the JetAudio website to report the issue. I'm hoping they'll try to assist us with this issue, rather than block us from providing contacting anyone like Cowon Global seems to want to do.

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #3,513 of 4,944

I have Plenue D and Cayin I5. PD is incredible, especialy when you consider price/value ratio. However, to my ears I5 is in the different league and I say that comparing it with all my line up, which is extensive and includes AK70 as well. I predominantly use On Ear and Over Ear Headphones,since I hate things stuck inside my ear, but also believe that in order to get the best  sound the whole earcup has to be used.

Cowon Plenue D is now 200$. Is there really 300$ sound difference? I believe Cowon has an amazing price/value ratio also. Given that, would you choose D ?

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #3,514 of 4,944
  Cowon Plenue D is now 200$. Is there really 300$ sound difference? I believe Cowon has an amazing price/value ratio also. Given that, would you choose D ?

Well, it's too late for me now since I have them both, Lol! It's hard to put it in dollar value, but I5 has better sound, much bigger screen(which suits my fading eyes), more customisable UCI and takes 200gb card with no problems. Even with the excellent EQ PD can't match I5's depth and midds that are just plain incredible. And I did pay only $200 for PD on Amazon. I am eagerly awaiting for Plenue M2 to arrive to see if it can better I5. I can tell you that AK70 is nowhere near I5. I'd say that even PD sounds better than AK70, alltough I still have few different headsets to try AK70 with, but so far I am hugely disapointed with it's sound.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #3,515 of 4,944

Well, it's too late for me now since I have them both, Lol! It's hard to put it in dollar value, but I5 has better sound, much bigger screen(which suits my fading eyes), more customisable UCI and takes 200gb card with no problems. Even with the excellent EQ PD can't match I5's depth and midds that are just plain incredible. And I did pay only $200 for PD on Amazon. I am eagerly awaiting for Plenue M2 to arrive to see if it can better I5. I can tell you that AK70 is nowhere near I5. I'd say that even PD sounds better than AK70, alltough I still have few different headsets to try AK70 with, but so far I am hugely disapointed with it's sound.

I really wonder how plenue d sounds, but i'm ordering now :)

I don't see any player coming, for that price for that quality.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #3,517 of 4,944

i like the D i think you like it nice musical sound, and even though doesnt offer a line out if you want you can tune it pretty flat

I have Creative Zen X-Fi 2. But when i compare the sound with oneplus one, it lacks detail. Will there be a big difference with Cowon?

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #3,518 of 4,944

I have Creative Zen X-Fi 2. But when i compare the sound with oneplus one, it lacks detail. Will there be a big difference with Cowon?

i had a zen vision W but that was YEARS ago so i cant remember the sound sorry
beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #3,519 of 4,944

It will be a huge upgrade. I've got  X-Fi2  years ago for my son and even back then Cowon D that I've used was much better in all areas than X-Fi2. PD is couple of nothes up.

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #3,522 of 4,944
On black friday, will i get Pioneer xdp-100 or Cayin I5 for 300$? If not, PD is the way to go now.

Are you asking if the Cayin i5 will be $300 by Black Friday. The answer to that question is: maybe?

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #3,523 of 4,944
  I haven't yet pulled the trigger on getting the Plenue D, kind of hoping that this issue will get resolved, since I really don't want to be carrying multiple cards around   

Oh well, that didn't last.
biggrin.gif
  Just went for the bundle of the PD, case and screen protector from Advanced MP3 Players - just under £200 delivered with a 10% code.  Now to organise some files...

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #3,525 of 4,944

Users who are viewing this thread

Back