Cowon Plenue D
Jul 30, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,107 of 4,949
It'll be down to the files rather than the PD (we've all encountered this, pretty much). Using Kid3 or MP3tag should sort it out for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #3,108 of 4,949

the album art must either be in jpg format embedded in the flac (is this even possible? i'm not that familiar with flac. i use alac.) or it must be saved as cover.jpg within the album folder.

Yup
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #3,113 of 4,949
Thank you i will try it. How about deleting songs individually in the plenue d. Do you have an idea why whener i delete the songs is still in the folder or album? Thanks

The art for the matrix browser is stored in the folder I mentioned, if that does not display delete all the files in the folder to fix that art not appearing even if the art shows on the main playing window. If in the main playing window it does not show, as mentioned you should use MP3 tag to remove the art and size it correctly. Some art (depends where you get it from) has missing .jpg header info in it so it does not display. I noticed that when I used art found online and sometimes even the art off the CD would not sometimes display. I found different ways to fix it, open the art and resize it (read my post) or remove it save and re-save it. That fixed my issues.

Hope that helps. 

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #3,114 of 4,949
Hello everyone!
Recently I bought a Cowon Plenue D player (before got FiiO X1) and I've got a problem with FLAC files, the Hi-Res files doesn't appears in player, also nromal flac's like 44.1kHz/16bit won't show in many folders. I've got 1.13 firmware with is the latest one, trying to put a music via JetAudio because someone suggest that tags may be a problem and still don't get any chance to play them. Sorry for my weak english :)
Have a nice day!

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #3,115 of 4,949
  Hello everyone!
Recently I bought a Cowon Plenue D player (before got FiiO X1) and I've got a problem with FLAC files, the Hi-Res files doesn't appears in player, also nromal flac's like 44.1kHz/16bit won't show in many folders. I've got 1.13 firmware with is the latest one, trying to put a music via JetAudio because someone suggest that tags may be a problem and still don't get any chance to play them. Sorry for my weak english :)
Have a nice day!

I use MP3 tag program and always gave it right to put covers and information on the songs.

To copy the songs to the internal memory of the player I copy into the folder "music" like a thumb drive when I connect the Plenue D on the PC.

In the case of micro SD card I copy the folders of albums normally (without placing inside any folder).

I already heard without problems songs in FLAC 16-bit and 24bit.

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #3,116 of 4,949

I use MP3 tag program and always gave it right to put covers and information on the songs.

To copy the songs to the internal memory of the player I copy into the folder "music" like a thumb drive when I connect the Plenue D on the PC.

In the case of micro SD card I copy the folders of albums normally (without placing inside any folder).

I already heard without problems songs in FLAC 16-bit and 24bit.

Hi mate, I've trying to use MP3 Tag, still doesn't work, wav 24bit 48khz work well I think thats my player got some fault :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #3,118 of 4,949
  The D does not work with art displaying in a folder or on the D. You need to embed the art to the actual song itself. Use MP3 tag as stated, or google how to embed album art.

I have never had any trouble loading FLAC files onto the player / card and including album art.  If you have the album art just make sure it is included in the folder with the music and is named cover.jpg

Best of luck.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #3,119 of 4,949
  I have never had any trouble loading FLAC files onto the player / card and including album art.  If you have the album art just make sure it is included in the folder with the music and is named cover.jpg

Best of luck.

Well if it works, I rather not do this as it will cause issues if you share your some songs with someone, or use the whole library with other audio playing apps as they do not rely on the cover.jpg so the art work won't display. If you only use your music library on the player then sure great way to do it. I also just realized when I load my audio library there is no way to know what album is what for sorting, have to look at the names. Way more tedious. When art is embedded I can quickly figure out who is what.

Jul 31, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #3,120 of 4,949
Hi, interested in this little player. May I ask if this player allows playing through folders function? As an example, after finishing track 14 of Adele's Someone Like You, the player would continue to play track 1 of the next folder (example, Alanis Morissette's All I Really Want). Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back