Cowon Plenue D
Jun 18, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #2,926 of 4,949

Not format the internal memory of the player. The built-in memory of the product is already formatted and does not require additional formatting.

Just connect the player to the PC with the screen turned on using the USB cable and delete what you need.

If the buttons or touch screen do not respond during use, press and hold the volume + and − buttons to reset for 6 seconds or more.

User Manuals for PLENUE D: http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=C09&category=&no=74&bmenu=support&category=57

Thanks for the advice, that worked and all sorted now.

For the sake of sharing the info, and as an admission of my foolishness, after the cleanup I found that the microsd I had inserted into the player replicated most of the music on the internal storage - think this is why the problem happened initially!

Cheers

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #2,928 of 4,949
less than a second.  Just enjoy it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #2,929 of 4,949
Searched but didn't readily see this addressed - just received and opened up my new Plenue D, went through setup, fat-fingered it and selected wrong language (yes, really)! One of the Asian options under or above English. How do I get back?!?! Not seeing the trusty hard reset pinhole all my previous players have had. Tried the soft reset holding down volume buttons and that didn't take me back to initial setup.Thanks much.

Never mind, just found it - for future reference, in the Settings menu (wrench), second selection (after JetEffects) is Display, first selection under that is Language, where English is then visible as an option.  

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2,932 of 4,949
Which leather case should I get for the Cowon PD?

As far as options go, there is the official case from Cowon, case by Noreve, case by Dignis, case by Tuff-Luv

Cowon/Dignis cases offer basic body protection where the Noreve/Tuff-Luv cases have a flap to cover the screen. The Tuff-Luv case also has slots for other MicroSD card, which could be pretty useful.

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #2,933 of 4,949
Hi,
I just purchased the Cowon PD & some oppo PM-3 cans does anyone have this combo ? and could give me some EQ setting to try ? It's the first player I've purchased since my iPod classic and I don't like using EQ but the PD sounds very dull without it but I'm struggling to fine a sound I like any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #2,935 of 4,949
Hi,
I just purchased the Cowon PD & some oppo PM-3 cans does anyone have this combo ? and could give me some EQ setting to try ? It's the first player I've purchased since my iPod classic and I don't like using EQ but the PD sounds very dull without it but I'm struggling to fine a sound I like any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Slight upslope from 300 Hz to 13 KHz (+1, +1, +3, +4) BBE @10. Machbass @1 and MP Enhance ON.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #2,936 of 4,949
Hi,

Cheers
Go back many pages some guys posted pics of their eq settings.

Jun 20, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2,937 of 4,949
Go back many pages some guys posted pics of their eq settings.

Agreed. I did notice that EQ above +3 warps the sound a lot if you have really accurate IEM's. Even BBE at +10 warps it, sound way over processed. It was fun at first, and addicting, but now I realize anything above +3 changes the music too much from how it was originally recorded.

If you are looking for accuracy then yes mess all you like and go back pages or search this thread for settings that even I initially posted. But as of now I either have the EQ off and give a +3 on BBE and Mega Bass +3 and all Flat or +1 or +3 and across the board even. Doing +1  +1  +1  +1  +1, or +2 +2 +2 +2 +2 etc all on wide works well and keeps a balance. I do this because I use different IEM's and the genre of music changes where the music will not match that IEM or visa versa and a constant need to select a different EQ setting is needed if you do +1 +1 +2 +3 +4 even assuming that IEM is not sibilant or the song is not the best quality already. If you listen to the same genre all the time or one song over and over then yes you can set  a great setting once but it will not apply to all songs if you don't.

Plus keeping the flat increase to +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 not going over +3 keeps the increase coherent to not effect the neighboring frequencies which I noticed it does with high quality IEM's. Also it won't effect the neighboring frequency as much that a curve of +1 ~ +4 would as a whole. If you are using simple IEM's or headphones then a curve will help depending on what needs to be curved and to which way the curve needs to go.

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #2,938 of 4,949
Well, finally got a Plenue D, and do not regret it, am really pleased with its performance. Paired with my SE215's, M100's and XB90EX's i find myself enjoying songs previously dismissed. Its EQ alone is well worth it. For me, not having to carry my iPod 5th gen with JDS Labs Amp is a bonus. I don't miss my AK jr. either.

Still experimenting with the eq. UI is better than on the Jr. as well. I am on fw 1.10, have not considerred 1.13 yet.

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #2,939 of 4,949
Agreed. I did notice that EQ above +3 warps the sound a lot if you have really accurate IEM's. Even BBE at +10 warps it, sound way over processed. It was fun at first, and addicting, but now I realize anything above +3 changes the music too much from how it was originally recorded.

If you are looking for accuracy then yes mess all you like and go back pages or search this thread for settings that even I initially posted. But as of now I either have the EQ off and give a +3 on BBE and Mega Bass +3 and all Flat or +1 or +3 and across the board even. Doing +1  +1  +1  +1  +1, or +2 +2 +2 +2 +2 etc all on wide works well and keeps a balance. I do this because I use different IEM's and the genre of music changes where the music will not match that IEM or visa versa and a constant need to select a different EQ setting is needed if you do +1 +1 +2 +3 +4 even assuming that IEM is not sibilant or the song is not the best quality already. If you listen to the same genre all the time or one song over and over then yes you can set  a great setting once but it will not apply to all songs if you don't.

Plus keeping the flat increase to +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 not going over +3 keeps the increase coherent to not effect the neighboring frequencies which I noticed it does with high quality IEM's. Also it won't effect the neighboring frequency as much that a curve of +1 ~ +4 would as a whole. If you are using simple IEM's or headphones then a curve will help depending on what needs to be curved and to which way the curve needs to go.

Thanks for that I have looked back when I got it tried the setting didn't like them.
What do you set the frequency for each settings to With those setting you suggest?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back