Cowon Plenue D
Mar 11, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #1,696 of 4,944
I mean it works obviously.

I'm just curious why was mine in that condition when other ones that reviewers opened had all the wrappings around 

I checked the firmware and it was 1.10 (current one) and I'm just wondering if this is a used one. 

The protective film that was originally put on had many little scratches also. 
Seems this hobby requires some OCD to keep it going.

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #1,699 of 4,944
  i consider myself mild ocd when it comes to product purchase

its good to know that its only mild. I reckon if it works and you cant find any scratches on it, can be considered brand new with just a bump or 2 on the box during shipping. Additionally, now that youve had some time with it, any scratches could be contributed by you so youd have a hard time proving that the unit was not brand new. Good luck

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #1,700 of 4,944
I mean it works obviously.

I'm just curious why was mine in that condition when other ones that reviewers opened had all the wrappings around 

I checked the firmware and it was 1.10 (current one) and I'm just wondering if this is a used one. 

The protective film that was originally put on had many little scratches also. 

Mine showed up from the exact same seller in the exact same condition. I wouldn't worry about it. My guess is they might have had to flash the updated firmware. As long as your unit itself is flawless physically (mine was) then don't let it bother you.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,701 of 4,944
It would be much more helpful if you can tell us what kind of sound you are looking for (bass heavy, neutral, more high end etc.). Do you prefer IEM or headphones? Would you consider any other headphone or do you specifically want the momentum? I am sure others will be able to give much better answers once they know your preferences.

I personally think that your headphones are the most important part of the sound chain, so first step of upgrade should be the headphone/IEM then the source.
[/quote I own a Jvc fx 850 iem which i use with cowon x9. Sounds great but very thin sounding compared to cowon d2+. Fx850 is just 12 ohms. Will it pair with pd. Can i get improved sound from x9 n d2+??

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #1,704 of 4,944
I sold my Hidizs AP 100 and bought the Cowon Plenue D, and i am very happy with it !
happy_face1.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,705 of 4,944
I own a Jvc fx 850 iem which i use with cowon x9. Sounds great but very thin sounding compared to cowon d2+. Fx850 is just 12 ohms. Will it pair with pd. Can i get improved sound from x9 n d2+??

The D (sorry) will drive those earphones almost perfectly.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #1,710 of 4,944
Yep, me too. 160gb is plenty, although I am still waiting for conclusive proof that a 200gb card will work.
three members told me their 200 gig cards is working on their PD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back